April 05, 2008

Celebrating.

Stir-Fried Beef with Snow Peas and Cashews

When stir-frying, we use a nonstick skillet, which puts more surface area in direct contact with the burner than a traditional wok. This translates to a hotter pan and better browning. Placing the raw flank steak in the freezer for 15 minutes makes it easy to slice the meat thin. Serve with steamed rice.
Serves 4

  • 1 1/4 pounds flank steak, sliced thin
  • 2 tablespoons soy sauce
  • 1/3 cup hoisin sauce
  • 1/3 cup water
  • 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes, or more to taste
  • 2 tablespoons peanut oil or vegetable oil
  • 8 ounces snow peas, stem ends trimmed
  • 4 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
  • 1/2 cup roasted unsalted cashews, chopped
  1. Combine steak and soy sauce in medium bowl, cover, and refrigerate while preparing other ingredients. Whisk hoisin sauce, water, and pepper flakes together in small bowl.
  2. Heat 2 teaspoons oil in large nonstick skillet over high heat until just smoking. Add half of steak, break up clumps with wooden spoon, and cook, without stirring, for 1 minute. Toss steak until browned around edges, about 30 seconds. Transfer to clean bowl. Heat 2 teaspoons oil in skillet until just smoking and repeat with remaining beef.
  3. Add remaining 2 teaspoons oil to now-empty skillet and heat until just smoking. Add snow peas and cook, stirring once or twice, for 2 minutes. Clear center of pan and add garlic and ginger. Cook, mashing garlic mixture with back of spatula, until fragrant, about 45 seconds. Stir garlic mixture into snow peas, then toss in steak. Whisk hoisin sauce mixture to recombine, pour into pan, and cook until thickened, about 1 minute. Stir in cashews and transfer to platter. Serve.

===========================================

 

And to celibate having our Internet back we are ordering sushi?.. Well I'm getting beef noodle soup, Jhodie and Phillys might be getting some sushi.

Heck went on today to pay the bill to get it back on today. Two people thought about quitting due to trying to help Phillys today. I know for sure the first one did.

Before that I stayed up a few times past sunrise due to things and me reading my downloaded manga and not wanting to stop. One of these days Phillys needed me to buy her something before I went to sleep. or should I say as I was about to go to sleep, because Jhodie didn't feel well. Then my mom called and asked me to bring her something at her work that she needed and forgot. If it wasn't one of the last cold days it wouldn't have been that bad.

I had to buy a uniform for Phillys and the place which I thought she sent me, didn't open until after 10am. I hurt my throat rushing to get the paper to my mom, and after I got Phillys' item I hot tailed it to Manhattan to find out that she wasn't that busy because her doctor wasn't in office to day or something and didn't really have anything to do until later that afternoon.

So I hung out at a book store near by. I think I'll go back and apply. It crossed my mind while I was there, but I was looking of something. Now I can say that I didn't apply because I didn't have needed information on me.

Then I was tired and wanted to go home, but when I was playing one of the few songs that this mp4 player would play on the last of it's battery life, I felt like making it down to Utica and Empire since I was already out the house. I should have gone home. I spent most of the $5 that Phillys gave me on cough drops for my throat and some sesame seed balls that didn't taste how I expected. And I was trailed and looked at like like a thief the whole time I was there. That wasn't right. At least it didn't feel right.

Other than that, just reading and occasionally getting a week Internet signal from someone else's network on the laptop is what took up most of my time. Oh, I was sickish again. I thought it was a cold. Then my eyes turned into pools of water, and holes inside my head really hurt. So we all come to conclusion that I had allergies. Not to happy about it. I couldn't sleep, which helped keep up a few times, but most of the time I just think that I wasn't tired enough. Today it was good enough for me to get the last eps of Darker than Black. Ofcouse I don't really like how it ended. I feel like saying more, but I don't want to ruin it for you if you haven't sen it yet. Now that I have the net back, I think that I may go get some more to shows to watch.

Either which way, I have to go post to my club. I'm happy I got it back in time for that, but that didn't have anything to really do with it. If we paid two days later, we would have to pay the whole back due amount and not just half. Phillys blames mom for having the bills go into lateness and all this mess. It's not like they don't have the money to cover them, I think some stuff just get put off or something then it hits them later.

Well the food just got here. Did I say I was getting Beef Noodle Soup? *grin*

Night.

No comments:

Post a Comment