September 10, 2020

What is today...?

I thought I knew when I woke up today, but it didn't really hit me until I was on my first break and talking to one of my managers. 

Then it hit me that tomorrow is my last day before I get my two days off. I don't know what next week looks yet. I almost don't care. 

I missed the two buses to get to me work early enough to buy my lunch from the FoodTruck so I got another chicken sandwich from Jubilee. The upside, I like (really like) their Garlic Aioli sauce. I won't lie, the rest of it is good too, juicy chicken, nice bun and there is a whole piece of lettuce in there. 

I thought my day was doing well, even if I had to change just about every sign in the Men's department and it ended up taking a long time because I was also on register and the price scanner was slow. It's a great day when you don't have enough time to count to twenty between scanning something and the machine telling you what it's currently selling for. 

I heard that Century 21 was closing down. We have one of their distribution centers down the street. Now my manager knows why this one lady came by two days in a row to ask about a job. 

So the day was winding down and I'm counting the hours until I get to leave, rain or not. I had my umbrella, rain coat and new weather boots with me since it was raining when I left this morning. Then the music is turned off, and they start to count out the registers. Then I'm called up to cash rep to find out I'm short $20. By the time we left, after 8 pm, we believe that we figured out what happened to the twenty. Some how, I don't know how, but some how, I counted wrong three times, and gave and extra $20 back to a customer when she gave me too much money to start with. We checked the cams.

It's the first time I've messed up on the till since I started working there, so no one is really worried about it and it was an honest mistake, that as a human I'm allowed if not expected, to have. 

Since we left so late and it was pouring out, I got a lift to my second bus. My second bus flew down JFK and despite my app saying that it would take 28 mins to get home, we made it in like 20. Then my sister fed me soup that had lime in it. LIME! 🤢 Don't put lime in goat soup. Just don't. 

What is left to talk about? 

Oh, we are having something of mini live floor set. It started yesterday and I don't know if it will end on Friday. 

I will not talk about Trump. Don't expect me to. 

Later. 

No comments:

Post a Comment