February 26, 2005

I'm Scanning again.

After my late night last night, I stayed in bed until my sister all but pulled me out.

I almost made it to work in good time but my shoes made me late. The buckle came out, and my sister had to fix it, or I would have gotten to work like 15 past instead of half past.

So many things went wrong before I got to work.

1. St. S called down asking about a movie I was suppose to edit down to 5, 1 min clips. I almost forgot about it with the other movies I had to do and the printing and scanning I had for him also.

2. The two new printers and the computer I use at the front desk and four computers on the that side of floor lost power. It seems that adding the second printer to that part of the room wasn't a good idea. I've said this from day one when we lost power. Who ever tried to do wiring for this place should go back to school. Half the LRC works kinda on generator, the other half just sits there in darkness. Now this.

3. M had to leave early for sports day for her kid. I let her go because there is normally nothing here on the weekends that needs both of us. I'm such a kind person.

Oh

4. Blade, the guy to fix the power issue isn't here yet. So I have to go call him. I called him three times. The first two times the cell just rang and rang. When I did get him he said that he was on their other side of the island doing another job. He'll be here in an hour he hopes. An hour an a half later if not 2 hours he walks in and asked me how things are going.

Soon he was able to give me back power, but I couldn't have both of the printers on that side. It's the extra printer that caused what ever it was to happen, to happen. I'm hearing from people that Ron was warned that this might or would happen. Guess those 25 new computers may be set up a bit later than first thought or hoped.

Well Blade's computer is throwing pops up at him, so I'm going to fix it tomorrow. I'll let him know about my fee then. Also a lady from he Library wants me to update her AV software. Which took a while to get since she didn't know a few little things that made me think that she was asking a completely different question.

After that and working on that movie thing that St. J called down about, I was then reminded that I was going to show the new guy in the library how to do a few things in PhotoShop. Mostly how to make one pic fade into another one. I'm sure the people who went to the courses on PhotoShop and took classes and such know a better way then what I showed him, but mine isn't that hard and it mines work too.

After tying to teach him that for 20 or so mins I went to pop some popcorn and then I came back here to scan some slide for Dr. W.

That is what the title means. I'm scanning 2x2 slides for Dr. W. again. It's no too bad. 20 or so slides. Easy. Yesterday when he dropped them off for me, AM had a look at them and realized that he used a highlighter on them. I just thought that they were so old that the colour was just bleeding off the words. That shows you how much I know about film. :)

Well Ron just walked in and said hi, so I have to go, not that I have much to do. :)

Spell checking will have to wait until I get home. So don't be too hard on this blog.

See ya in like 4 or so hours. :) I have 2 hours left here at work, but Jhoide wants me to help her clean something up when I get home.

Spell checking compleate.

I did a good job on the slides. :) I bought bread on the way home to find out my sister got some also.

It's 2:31am now and I don't know how that happened.

Oh, sorry Chris, I just didn't get to come back on line to talk. Had a little fight with my dvd burner.

Night.

No comments:

Post a Comment