February 08, 2005

Veal cutlets with anchovy garlic butter

I started using my new toy as you can see.

Lost one for the night I promise. I may not even use this for another week. :)

So far we haven't seen any veal on sale never mind beef ribs. They don't even know that beef ribs can be eaten as far as I can tell.

My sister does like anchovies, but I think they stink to high heaven. :(

If it wasn't for those two things we may try this one out.

My sister really wants me to pay for the real paper magazine so she can start stocking them for their recipe. The mag is called "The Australian Women's Weekly"

I hope the pic comes out right. :)

See ya.
==========================================================




recipe_050209
Originally uploaded by JemOfAGirl.

Veal cutlets with anchovy garlic butter
Veal can be marinated a day ahead; butter can be made a day ahead.
Serves 4.

Ingredients
1 lemon
8 small (1.3kg) veal cutlets
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 tablespoon fresh sage leaves
� cup (60ml) extra virgin olive oil
salt and freshly ground black pepper
ANCHOVY GARLIC BUTTER
4 whole anchovy fillets, drained
1 clove garlic, crushed
125g butter, softened
1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh sage

Method
Peel rind thinly from lemon using a vegetable peeler. Cut the rind into long thin strips. (Or, remove rind with a zester.)

Combine cutlets, garlic, sage, rind and oil in a large bowl; toss to coat. Cover, refrigerate for 3 hours or overnight.

Sprinkle cutlets with salt and pepper. Cook cutlets on a heated oiled grill plate (or grill or barbecue) until browned on both sides and cooked as desired.

ANCHOVY GARLIC BUTTER: Meanwhile, pound or chop anchovy and garlic together to form a paste. Beat butter in a bowl with a wooden spoon until smooth; beat in anchovy paste and sage until combined.

Serve veal cutlets with Anchovy Garlic Butter.

Not suitable to freeze.
Not suitable to microwave."

No comments:

Post a Comment