July 25, 2020

So I Actually Went Out

Out side of going to work, I haven't left my house to anything since I started going to work again.

I want to say that I've very much a home body, but I do remember times when I would be out a lot. But back then I had time, a cam an less aches and pains.

Well I have the time, but that is almost crossed off by the aches and pains. But I now have a cam, and I renewed presence on DA that is waiting for me to post some new and good pics.

So, it sucks that now I need my old memory card from my last cam, I can't find it. So I will have to go out, just to get one. Well, that, and to do some laundry. I would say visit the DMV, but that is an all day thing and I need to wash some things more than get a new ID.

But before I talk about what tomorrow might look like, there was today.

I was up way too late last night. So late I saw the sunrise before I went to bed. So there was no way I was going to have and early start to a day that I said I was going to find outside of the apt.

I changed the alarm on my phone twice before I finally got up at 2pm. I think. By three, I was walking towards the post office with two boxes that I've had ready for months now to send to my friend in PA. The total was $30+ in the end. But she said that she would help pay if I asked, so no big.

After I shipped those two things off, I first headed for the light rail down on 22nd street. But realized that I could get some medial things cleared up. That didn't go the way I expected, but I got some more information to try and do it myself next week. I don't think public health insurance offices are open on the weekend.

So after that little detour, me and my pained knee walk our way to the light rail. That lead me into a new part of Bayonne. I've only used the 34th street station until that day. I walked unto the side I was suppose to, to wait for the train, but it had my headset on and missed the fact that it was switching tracks. So I missed it but waited there for the next one.

As I'm looking out the window, it then occurred to me that if I didn't know better I would think I wasn't in the middle of the city. I took a pic to prove it.


So went to Newport, went inside the mall to get a Jamba Juice to find out that they were still closed. So I decided to spend some money at Bath and Body Works. I lost some more time there, not just looking at what I could get from what they had, but because I had to stand in line to get into the store.

Then on my way out I stopped to get a fruit smoothie from a kiosk that I've gotten something from before.

While I was waiting I decided to see how long it would get me to the BestBuy and when they would be closing. I had about 28 minutes before they closed and the map app was saying that it was going to take me 15 minutes to walk there. Yeah, 15 minutes when I was 15. So yeah. I tried to get there as quickly as I could and I made it. I actually got there with 9 minutes to spear. So I went right to an employee and asked him one question at a time. There were a few things that I was there to try and get.

First, a tv that was 4k because my sister was going to upgrade our tv package. Two, a wifi extender so the tv in the kitchen and actually use the internet. Three, a point and shoot cam.

The tv I wanted wasn't there. In fact, they will no longer be made because the company was bought out. So I considered that a loss until I called my sister. All wifi extenders and boosters were out of stock too. So I then looked a new cam. I was going to get something after what I did to get there. So thinking it was going to be my only purchase I ended up picking the $299 one.



 Pretty right? So while he was off fetching it for me, I called my sister to teller that the tvs we have are the last of their kind and she tells me to get the other tv anyway. I said ok once he came back and we found out the price for that one.

FYI, my cam cost more than the tv. How??? He said that, despite the size, 4K HD was old tech now.

So, the guy was all set to help me load it into a car that I didn't own. 😊 So once I set him straight we set up delivery. But I got one more hiccup. The delivery day is Tuesday and I have work on Tuesday.

I'm going to have to switch days with someone. I just have to. I've covered for enough people at this point to have someone switch with me. If not straight out cover for me.

So, my way back was a little different. I walked back to the light rail. I got there like 30 seconds before it showed up. When it came to a stop I realized that I got on the wrong one. I wasn't aware that there was one that went to West Side anymore. It then turned out that I was dropped off next to the 80 bus that crossed paths with the 119 and 10 bus routes. So I waited around for 6 minutes. Rode it for about 9 stops then got off to wait another 9 minutes for the 119 bus to take me home.

My feet were killing me when I got home and I was so hungry. I went to make one thing, and my sister made suggestions and everything ended up being on the salty side for me. I should have gotten a sandwich from subway on my home after all. I ate the last of my party mix that had some sweet things in to take care of the salt I felt I just had too much of.

I'm looking at danish now, but I'm just waiting for bit so it doesn't upset my stomach.

Other than watching X-men: Days of Future Past I uploaded the few pics I took from my phone today into drop box.

I leave tomorrow for tomorrow.

Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment