July 22, 2020

Wow... It's been a while.

Yeah.

A little over a year I think.

Bullet points ok?

The mouse problem took a long time to kinda be fixed, but not. The mice just ate through this spray foam thing that they moved our stove to put down after weeks of complaining.

Found a new bus to take me home with less than a year left at that place.

We moved in January. Again. I now live in Bayonne, NJ.

I lost my wardrobe because I once again, after listing everything that needed to be moved, they under estimated me. Again. Since a bunch of stuff ended up in bags and they packed first, they ran out of room for some of our stuff that I had to once again call for someone else to finish move all of that. Which was mostly my room minus my wardrobe and a metal self that my sister forgot came apart.

The new place isn't bad outside of how long it now takes me to get to work. Before it was like an hour, maybe an hour fifteen minutes. Now I'm starting at an hour and half and it goes up to two hours depending on the day, and the traffic that changes with the time of day.

Then March 15th came and we closed down the store due to Covid 19. We were told that we would be opening back up in two weeks. We knew nothing. Thinking back now, I don't understand how we thought that it would just be those two weeks. I want to say someone lied to someone, but I think no one had a real clue what we were in for and just shutting down was big deal.

I was lucky to still get a pay check until the 18th of the next month. I was going to tell you why, but I don't know if I'm really allowed to, so I'll just leave it at me being lucky to get something for that time.

I then tried to file for unemployment. Actually, I started back in Feb to file for part time unemployment, but I didn't understand that I would be sent a link to finish the process. So when it wouldn't let me continue I didn't try again until the 18th. I still got error once I was able to pick a password and gives answers to all the questions and such. so I sent a complaint and I got some automated thing saying that my complaint was received. Then nothing. I kept checking my mail and after a few weeks I tried again. Then over two or three days I realized an account was made for me after like the fourth error message, but now it's saying that the only password I came up with, and wrote down, was incorrect. Fine. Reset it. No, I can't do that either. My answers to the security quest were wrong. Wrong? How? They were even stored in the browser from when I was trying to make the account.

Another complaint. No human got back to me.

My sister on the other hand, filed for unemployment in NY since she works and pays the taxes there and nothing. Smooth as glass for her. She gets everything.

Speaking of nothing. I didn't get the stimulus checks either. Since I started working again, I've been filing as a dependent except last year that was a mistake. So this year I filed early and myself and then I find out that my sister didn't clam me this year. Did she tell me this? No. So I have to do an amendment to my taxes so I could get the checks. But get this. It takes 13 weeks normally. So I will be getting nothing.

I don't know if it makes it better or worst that I'm not the only one sitting in this ditch. Millions haven't gotten their unemployment money and they were able to file. And another set of millions didn't get their stimulus check.

So were are we now? Oh, I missed something.

During that first two weeks off, I had a cold, or the flu or Covid 19. I haven't a clue. I'm just happy I was over it in a week and there was nothing really abnormal about it.

So I'm working again. I was lucky that I didn't have to pay for the bus until the start of July. So I've been back at work now for a month and a half. Public transit is back to asking for payment, and some people are playing dumb and trying to get on without paying. I'm amazed it went on as long as it did and I got my month pass so I would be ready for when they started up again. Some people rather argue then just pay. I get that alot of people may not have the money they use to, but they should have the two dollars on them in case it was needed. I say two dollars, but I'm sure it's less. I have pass, so I don't really know and don't have to.

So the store. You have to wear a mask to enter the store. Like of course. But you don't understand how cavalier some people can be about their health until they are told to do something. Just riding the bus is starting to freak me out these days. You also have to wear a mask to ride the bus, but some people put it on to get on the bus, then take it off once they are seated. Then there are those people who wear a mask and it doesn't cover their nose at all. They do not understand why they are wearing a mask at all.

The mask is there to protect your lungs first and foremost. So its suppose to cover your nose and mouth.

We have tell people in our store to pull the mask up to cover their nose if not their mouth because the pulled it down to talk. To Talk!

But there are people I can't say anything to because their mask is so loose that it's barely touching their face and it can't be pulled anywhere. I see them and try to keep my distance.

Winter is going to be fun. :D

I switched my shift with someone who asked so I've been home for two days in a row, so I watched Star Trek Continues on YouTube. Partly because the guy who plays Sulu was a guy I've known for a while, just died. You may know him from being a host on Myth BustersGrant Imahara: 1970–2020. 

So you have just about caught up with me now.

I've started to hang out more at DA again and even customized my page again. They have a new look and I'm learning how to work my way around the place again.

I'm making fractals again and I'm realizing that I don't like Apo anymore. My photos are coming out of my iPhone at the moment. I tried doing some close up work with it and I learned something. Don't do close up work with the iPhone.

It's a little odd to see new work populating my page again.

So, the real reason why I even dragged myself into Blogger to finally type something up.

We requested permission to get a door bell from our new land-people. I may go into that later.

Anyway, they said yes, and we got it a few weeks ago and we are happy with it. Then I came home Monday night and, my ringer cloned itself. They got the same one. I stood there looking at it for bit as I understood what was going on. They have lived here for a while before we showed up, but within a month of us asking and getting one, they got the one and the same kind.

My eyebrow is raised as I look at the second floor. Yeah. They live above us.

Yeah, the little things of living.

Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment