August 04, 2009

On The Road Again

I'm not joking.

It's a good thing that I uploaded my chapters for the week early. I got here around 2:45pm. Here being Portland. I'm kinda hanging out with them today, then I'm off again tomorrow morning after breakfast. Just when I was falling back in love with the internet.

I then get back to Seattle, and finish packing, say good bye to the guy(s) that I met, and leave Thursday afternoon around 2pm to make sure I get to the air port on time, which is really early, and be on the plane back home by 4:50pm.

Why am I going back you ask. Easy. For me to stay in the apt while she is gone for a week requires me to be placed on the lease. To be placed on the lease I have pass a background check. To have the background check performed, she has to pay the company. She doesn't have the money for the background check so I can't stay.

The cheapest ticket I could find is for Thursday afternoon for $270. Just to rub salt in the wound, I looked up how much it would have cost to leave two weeks from now on the 20-something. It's $158 or something. Just about the price I paid to come out here. Shame. :(

I'll get around to writing about the trip down and back up again when I'm in New York and I'm thinking back on my summer days. Which this has turned into for me. I kinda like it. Just a bit more money and I would have been golden.

I should go upstairs and hang out with the friends I came to see. All I know is that we are now eating, and it has to do with grilled fish. :)

Take care people.

No comments:

Post a Comment