January 21, 2018

I left the house without my skirt on and had to buy jeans...

I was wearing something. Tights and sweats over that, but normally, I wore my skirt over that to work since it would just look horrible if I folded it to change into later.

Believe it or not, I wear a skirt at work. I always wear a skirt at work. I have two blue skirts with pockets that I wear with my Tommy tops and that what I work in.

So this past Wednesday I was standing at my second bus stop and looked down to realize that I didn't have my skirt on. I couldn't wear my tights or sweats while on the clock so I had to buy something and the only place I knew I could find my size was Lane Bryant.

I really wanted a skirt, but I already knew it was the wrong season to find a skirt. I've been looking since September. So I looked at pants. Since they knew it was for work, they first showed me some dress pants, which I was far more ok about, except my top wasn't meant to work with something like that, so I had to get jeans. Well, that and the dress pants were a little too expensive for me.

So I changed and walked out the store wearing the jeans because I was no running late for work. Everyone got a kick out of seeing me in pants never mind jeans. At the end of my shift, when I was being counted out of the cash register, one of the guys took a pic of me. He wanted me to stand upright for the shot, but I won't humor him, so he got a picture of my jean-clad backside.

I did feel warmer with them under my sweats when I was going home. So one plus.

When I was finishing up my shift though, it felt as if they had gotten a little looser and I was pulling them up more than I should have been. Maybe I wasn't. Maybe I needed a belt. Maybe I might need to go down to a smaller size.

When I tried that pair on, I was wearing my tights. So I'm going to see if a smaller size without the tights fit me better and perhaps exchange them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment