February 23, 2007

One More Week To Go.

And just when I was really starting to fit in to boot.

I haven't told a few people at work yet that I'm leaving. I know that two of the girls aren't going to happy about it, but it's not like I can stay. I would if I could.

The 8 o'clock Friday night boat is up and running again. Good thing too. A bunch of people were in Nevis for the funeral for a lady that was killed in Brown Hill last week. It was this afternoon and it seems that a lot of people came for it from St. Kitts to attend it.

Last week Friday I got a lift to a restaurant and take out place that one of the Hill's ran. The boat wasn't running again that Friday so I went to help out when I heard that he was short handed and couldn't take me up by Busy's. Near the end of my time there, he got a call from a friend telling him about this lady that had her throat cut up Brown Hill. They found her around 8 pm. If I had walked down Brown Hill instead of getting the ride, I might have walked right past her car just before or as it was happening.

For the whole week, we all walked fast coming out of Brown Hill because of it, and because the bus that use to come for us at 7 pm stopped coming. Today we were told by the bus driver that there wasn't enough money in it for him.

The lady it seems was killed by her husband. I finally got a newspaper with the story. I've grabbed one twice this week, but both time I wasn't able to read to the whole thing and each story was a different part of what was going on. I'll type up the most of it maybe tomorrow. It's the second murder in the Federation for the year it seems. That was the head line from the first newspaper I got to read. "Murder # 2"was the real head line. I didn't get what it meant until I asked someone later that week.

We had all kind of technical problems at work this week, but I still had a good count at the end of the day. I expected to see some over time this week, but it didn't happen. But tonight I was asked about working over time next week. Sure. I hope if its for the whole week, but I may end up with only 2 maybe 3 days. I'll take five and spend one last night in Morning Star with Busy them. Yes that is local talk.

Well it's time I tried to get some sleep. I have to take a pic for my KFC application along with Jhodie. She is going to apply for part time work. Last week, we went out to Ottlie's Plantation to apply for a job. At first we didn't get what people were complaining about. They were saying that it was a long walk from the road to the plantation, but we didn't think it was so bad until we had to almost scale a cliff to to get there, then walk around the biggest retirement home type lawn that I had ever seen. I was so out of breath by the time I got there, that I almost decided that I it wasn't worth the pay unless it was at least $900 every two weeks after taxes.

I may get some more applications set up for my sister to mail for me on Monday. We can not go for more than two weeks after I leave Nevis. I sent my nice, old boss Ayo, a text message letting him know my cell number incase something comes up so he can call me since I no longer have my house phone. I just wish that he had answered my messages. I sent the message twice.

Ok, I think that's it for now. It's 12:57 am I have to go to go to bed.

Night everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment