May 13, 2007

Hi ya... (peeking around the door)

Ya, I'm late in checking in.
 
Well I didn't want to bug my uncle too much, and I forgot that I could blog from my e-mail account. The last time I tried at a cafe, it sent me to the blogger place in another langauage, and I couldn't spend the money to find out how to get it to be in english.
 
Well updates.
 
Today I saw my sister off. She got her letter from Barbados, and today she left. We spent about 3 weeks getting things together for her to leave and have just about everything. We didn't get a few things done until the last few days, and we still missed one. We are hoping that they won't ask for it. She doesn't have her childhood shots record. We are hoping that they won't ask for it. She has a record of what she got later, and we hope that they would say that she couldn't have gotten boosters if she didn't get the first one.
 
Next, I've been down at Bay Road Ram's for like three weeks now. The frist week I was hoping to get a job somewhere else because they sounded so happy when I applied and showed up and such. And I checked back and delayed my trainning for chasher for this job, and I didn't hear back from them. I was mad. They just about tracked me down so I could come in for an interview, then didn't call me back to let me know that I didn't get the job. And they got my hopes up too, and not only mine, but Jho's too.
 
Well after I gave up on the job, she called them find out what was going on. She called as me. Oh, we have to send you a letter, they told her. They have to send me a letter? They could walk it to my house, faster then the mail man would get it to me, never mind a phone call. *not happy*
 
Either way, I'm happy at Rams. I'm getting paid for something I was more or less doing for years for free.
 
At first I was just price checking. He (Komar) wanted me to check the prices of everything in the store, against the price that would come up when they were scanned at the casher, and check a price list to see if it was also the uptodate price on both the item and in the system. The first part I could do fine. It's when it came to checking the price sheet I had a few issues. After a week I told him that I needed updated price sheets. Some went back months, some went back to last year, some were evern older, and then the order. Dear Gref!!
 
So he said that he would get me updated lists, and I made a list of all the sheets and when they were dated, to help out and then just found something else to do until that was done. That was two or so weeks ago.
 
I ended up giving myself the job of fixing up and cleaning up the Health and Beauty Aid Section. It was a mess back there. I still come out to put carts away and take items back that were left behind and I still price check a few things now and again and make notes of times that were not in the system at all.
 
I've gotten comments on how well I had back there looking. *smiles*
 
When I fist started working there, people were asking me where I was from. Every now and again, someone asks me where I'm from, if they don't ask me where my father is. I think that they asked me more about my accent more at Bird Rock Rams, then at the Bay Road. I think it's because more people in town know about me. Not know me, since I didn't go anyway, but know about me. They've seen me walking around and heard me talk and they still call me English. *rolling eyes*
 
Ok, the sun is setting, I should go home. Not that I have much to go home too now. But I do have to put some money to my sister's phone. She talks to more people than I do, and she my have to call a few people for all I know.
 
Oh, speaking of which, she packed a few things in her carry on that she should not have. I had to walk back up the hill to get them because they made her leave behind her lotion and bug replelant, and hair gel and perfume.
 
Well I came over to hep my uncle with a few things and then I checked my mail, now I'm sending off my blog. Speaking of my uncle, he took us to the airport, and he said that he couldn't come back for me, but he still made it back in time to pick me up before I left the airport for the second time. Nice. She he bought me right here, which saved me about $4 in bus fair.
 
Well I have to go now, I think I should at least go to turn on the lights in the house.
 
Well take care, I'll try and check in sooner.
 
Oh....
 
Happy Mother's Day to all the mothers out there who deserve it.
 
I have a girl named Perl in my family. She doesn't deserve it. You know about that.
 
Bye. *grin*


=======================

http://jhoye.blogspot.com


- There I share my life.

- There I have links to what use to be my life.

- There you can find out what I might want out of life.


Got a little couch potato?
Check out fun summer activities for kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment