March 10, 2010

Cooking?

Somehow I did that today.

Firstly. I finished my latest drafting sheet yesterday so I took today off and just under an hour ago re-filed my FinAid on line. Then 10 mins ago I realize that I forgot one little thing on two of my panels. Maybe it will so small that she won’t notice since I’ve already had it copied to hand in to her.

Back to my impromptu attempt at cooking. It wasn’t planed at all. My mom told me to put on some peas and I did. I then put on my head set and watched a movie in the bed room. I lost all track of time and I wouldn’t have known that I burnt, or was burning them, until my mom called from the bathroom. She wasn’t calling me for that, but for something else, but I smelt it in the hall way.

I ran into the kitchen and looked into the pot and hoped that it wasn’t too bad. Half the peas were burnt to the bottom of the pot. :( So left it for my mom to make heads or tail out of it. I then went back to my movie.

Mother still isn’t feeling well, so after she started some things she sent me in to finish it. Cut up a few things. Add the rice. Add some seasoning to it. Make sure that there was the right amount of water in the pot after she had me turn off the peas before they got to soft. She used the pressure cooker to make sure the peas cooked before the water ran out.

I put everything in and turned the flame under it down really low. I think I left just a little too much water in, but everyone ate I think and no one complained about it the rice. The chicken on the other hand … but that was the stores fault. Mom got some seasoned chicken and it was a bit peppery. Not really bad, just not expected. I expected sweet since it said BBQ on the outside. Oh well.

Other than my one movie, I’ve been reading a story that I feel like giving up on, but I don’t want to even if it seems to be hurting me every now and again to read it. So much so that I’ve opened my own story to work on it. I’ve gotten a page down and I’m very happy with it. Now I’m switching to someone else’s POV and I got kinda stuck after I hit a nice part. I should be able to pick it up nicely when I get back to it another day.

You must be surprised to see that I’m actually writing up a real blog entry today. Well like I said I had the time with no drawing. But I do try hard to keep my blog up todate. Even if I have to fill it with pics. Like I said before. I have to post the pics for me to allowed to text in ‘long’ messages.

I had something else to say, but I can’t remember what it is right now.

Oh, the ‘insanity’ will officially end on the 13th. He’s already left, but I’m saying good-bye on the 13th. I was giving him time to do it himself, but the 13th is my dead line.

Oh, now I remember. A few days ago, I typed up my syllabus for my drafting class. It was mess. You hadn’t a clue where one part ended and the other began, and we actually have to use it for all our classes. I know it was a factor in why I missed up in writing the name of sheet for my last marked sheet. Which was a bad ‘C’ by the way. I knew I was to unfinished, but I think the wrong name did me in. I just wouldn’t know at this point. But I did find out that I can finish up a sheet or two and have her look them over and she would be able to raise you grade if you it right or made a good improvement. So I think I’ll do that one over once it is the worst or which ever becomes the worst of the set for me and keep my whole grade from tanking down to ‘C’ right now I’m at a "’B’.

Ok, that was a bit more than what I wanted to say and I didn’t even finish what I did want to say. Well I re-typed the thing and took it into class on Monday and showed it to my teacher. She liked it, and she said that I should show it to the girl in the office that types them so that she can use it. Hopefully, but I will share it with my class. I just can’t print them out at home because I’m currently out of black ink. But I don’t feel that bad making a copy or two at Kinko’s or someplace like that. I just looked for and found one of my two ‘thumb drives’ and I’m taking it to school with me.

Well it’s well past my bed time. Unless I’m up drawing I don’t seem to stay up that late anymore.

Night. Sorry for the typos. I really have improved, but it’s too late and I’m too tired to go back over this long thing.

Take care. Talk to you later. 

No comments:

Post a Comment