July 08, 2017

Friday... What about Friday?

1 - I woke up to my having my cycle.

2 - I got my umbrella for the rain, but I needed my boots.

3 - I stood in a downpour that belonged in India as I waited for over 30 mins for the bus to take me to work after I managed to get a veggie sandwich for breakfast and lunch.

3.5 - Half way through the downpour my umbrella started to leaked onto me and my shoes were soaked all the way through. Most of my skirt got wet too and I was cutting it close to making it on time. When I got to work, I didn't get too dry off, but my you couldn't tell that my shirt was wet and my skirt had dried enough that no one said anything about and my shoes escaped notice.

4 - Wore my hand brace during work because my hand/arm was acting up.

5 - My boss was not happy when he found me not having the girl I work with helping me with the doors. But honestly, it wasn't something I could have prevented other than telling on her. I have asked her in the past to help with the doors. Anyone that has been in there I have asked to help me.

I won't get into details since this is partly security for the store, but when I have asked her, and I have asked her more than once and more than twice, she has said that she is too busy to help me. She has to fold. And I get that, so I try not to ask too often, but she wouldn't help so I stopped asking. When anyone else is there, they help when I ask.

5.5 - My boss heard over the walkie that the line was long for the fitting room and threatened me, mostly me, with what would happen if he came out there and I wasn't doing every single thing that he wanted, including having the girl help.

My problem is, he doesn't do what he wants me to do. He wants... I caught myself there. I have to do, about 5 things at the same time, while he mostly does 2 when he shows up and then grins as if to say that is how it's done, or questions why I'm not faster. I could be faster if I didn't have to do a few things, but I have reworked how I did one or two things to try and make the turn around faster, but I still have to do all the things that he wants me to do.

I see the reason for what he wants me to, I do get it, but to move the line along and have it look on the outside that we are 'working' most of the other people that work in the fitting room don't do everything I do. So much so, that a return customer asked if something had changed since he didn't see the other person do what I did.

6 - The only good uptick, is that my boss talked later when stopped to bag some trash that he had asked me to get someone to remove. I told him that I told the person and that they were coming after they took care of something else. He said that he would do it himself, and he ended up breaking the bag and making a mess and we ended up having a decent laugh and I got to ask him about doing something to fix a few physical things in the fitting room. He told me to talk to Robin since she was mostly in charge of that.

In that vain, the girl started to help now. Reluctantly, but at least she can't blame me for any of it. She knew. I told her. She was the one that refused to help.

7 - I was just told, over the walkie that it was time for me to leave. But I was helping a girl into a room and I was thinking that I had to find out who was going to come take over since no one had shown up yet. I was about to bend to pick up something when she closed the door on my finger. I remember looking at my finger as the hinge closed in on it. I screamed. The girl came back out and I remember her, but I can't recall what she said. I was just absorbed in the pain. I felt other people around me, as I held my finger and tried not to cry as I just processed the pain. I only moved when I heard someone say that I should put something cold on it. So I went into the back and tried to find something in the freezer. There was nothing, so I bent in half and laid my head on the fridge as now actively fought crying from the pain.

Outside of Robin and Joice, I don't know who else was there. Robin asked me a question and when I stayed quite, Joice told her that I couldn't talk yet and she was right. Somehow she got me cold, kinda, bottle of water. I don't know the order, but around that time I told Robin what happened. I was proud that I held it in and didn't cry at all.

I was asked by someone when my shift ended, it might have been my boss or Robin. I don't know. They asked if I wanted to go to the hospital. I tried to move my finger and it moved without pain, so I said no, it's moving. I was fine. Joice then said the same thing. If I could move it, it wasn't broken.

So I went back out signed back in my key and before I could leave, I the lady was leaving the fitting room and said she was sorry again and asked how it was. I half lied. I said I was fine, but I think I also said that it might change colours later.

I checked back in my walkie and then left. Oh, the finger injury is on my hand with the brace. Yes, my hand the finger still hurt.

8 - I get off the bus over an hour later by Rite Aid because my sister called me to let me know that she got her payday wrong and couldn't order 'feminine' products for me so I had to go and get them myself. Fine. I half wanted to go anyway to get some more body soap.

I got a few extra things but couldn't pay for any of it. My stack of cards was gone. I had like a money clip of my cards. After turning over my bag three times and checking my pockets, I realized I lost my pay card from work on the bus. How do I know what? The extra bottle of water that I had used as a cold press wasn't sitting well in my bag and it fell out of my bag. It hit the girl in front of me and I asked if I could have it back and didn't look down to see if anything had fallen out. Of course, now it's like 'how could I have not looked', but between feeling bad from my crushed finger, and what my cycle was doing to me and holding on to the new umbrella and plunger that I bought in Bed, Bath & Beyound I didn't think to look for anything else.

8.5 - That lead to me first fuming to my sister that this is one of the worst days of my life. I then stood for almost an hour for the next 24 bus to show up. She almost didn't stop for me. And since it was so full, I put off asking her about being able to contact the other bus that might have been in front of her. But just as I was about to ask her once the bus was nearing empty, the B version of the bus showed up along side and I asked her if I could get on that one. They had different end points. She called the bus ahead of her and had her wait for me. Which turned out to be perfect timing since she turned away from the bus I was on a block later.

I thought that was good luck for me, now I just hoped that I was able to find the depot or garage at the end and that the driver found them and turned them into lost and found. But the last stop was a just stop on the street and the driver didn't have a way of knowing who the last B bus driver was or how to find out or how to contact them. She gave me a number, to the bus company, they were a subcontractor that worked for NJ Transit. Great.

No one answered. It was after 9 pm now. So that was it. My health insurance card was gone that I just got last week. My pay card was gone. My metro card was gone with about $12 if not $16 on it.  My employee discount card is gone. My Plenti card for Rite Aid is gone along with at least two single zone bus tickets with transfers, and two or so other things that I hope aren't that important since I don't remember what they are.

At least I had called up my card and froze my account, in hopes of getting back my card. But now that I mostly convinced that it was gone, I knew I had to call and officially report it missing and get a new one.

9 - So now I'm in Orange and had to get home. Fortunately, A bus showed up that said it was going to Penn Station. Then I waited 25 mins for the 39 bus to take me home. Then I walked down hill after 10 pm for about 6 blocks to get home while carrying the new items I had in the big bag, my hand in a brace, throbbing finger and pain meds wearing off. Then I had to contend with making it to the bathroom before I wet myself. I made it after rushing up the stairs with legs/knees that I'm teaching how to go up and down stairs again with the pain that I can't seem to get away from yet.

10 - I sat on my bed with half melted ice cream, because the plug felt out for the freezer and one of the cones that I had gotten from Cold Stone the day before. Then I cracked open a big can of party nuts that I had gotten at B.B. & B. also. I heard my iPad pinging off and decided to look at it like 5 mins later.

I then read something that put a smile on my face and that is what I will leave you with.

"you once asked me, in 2014 


But what is it for btw? 

My stories?
My fractals? 
My photos? 

Or something else with my name on it?"

and i just wanna tell you
that although its been 3 long and hard years, that through all 3 your art has just continued to get better and better. I can tell that you dont really visit this site so often anymore, but every single thing that you've ,made has a certain quality to it. Every piece of art in your gallery has contained beauty, every piece of art, every story, and every photo. you dont get the recognition you deserve at all and im just here to tell you that you definitely deserve it. your art is amazing.

a brown kid?"

No comments:

Post a Comment