July 16, 2017

Sunday Outing

We had a quarterly meeting today.

It was Hawaiian themed. I had some fun this time around. Maybe it's because I feel like I belong there more than I did last time.

Over all, we are doing well. Just two things to brush up on and now we have this new customer care push. I hope that means we get more people in the fitting room. Heck, I would just like more fitting rooms, but I know that can't happen.

Oh, the store look of Tommy's is changing this month. I'm holding off true judgment until it's finished.

I also handed in a list of things that needed to be fixed in the fitting room today. I started it on Wednesday, but I didn't finish it, then I found it when I went back to work two days later, just to lose it for good and had to start back over. When I typed it up last night, I included some suggestions but once I heard that they were also going to do some changes in the fitting rooms, I realized that they might not have been needed. I'll see.

After that, I went to the movies. I found out that the movie place that I thought was so expensive wasn't really. It's $6 until noon every day. So I decided to watch Wonder Woman. Until I got there. The meeting ended at 11 and the movie didn't start until 1:30 or so. So I had to pick something else. So I ended up watching the new Transformer movie. Prime was one of the redeeming qualities of the past movie that allowed me to watch them.

With him gone most of the movie, I saw a host of things I didn't like. What is the deal with Merlin? At one point, I expected them to stop the story and show this modern guy who's excuse for having Merlin speak that way, was because he didn't like what was already there. But now, it goes through. Then we had more, 'hip' and 'gangsta' like bots which just grate on my nerves.

I never liked how they had them 'adopting' bad human mannerisms from the get go. Prime was the only one who still showed any real dignity. So I wasn't that surprised when I fell asleep before he made it back to earth. That, and I was up early to get to work, I was hungry and the room was very cold.

Once the movie was over, about 2 hours later, I went to complain about my new $40 blue tooth ear buds not working right. But since I tossed the receipt, they couldn't give me back a refund. Not that I asked for one. I was hoping for some kind of explanation, heck, some sign of interest in what I was saying might have been enough. Well, with my defective and expensive ear buds, I made a few stops at a few stores. Two to see about new skirts. One about some shoes and the eye wear place to see how much my new insurance would cover for a new pair of glasses.

Then when I was leaving I saw that I had gotten a voice mail from work while I was in the movie. I played it but didn't call back since I couldn't go back to work to that day. One, I was hungry. Two, I wasn't dressed for work and I wasn't buying a new top to work hungry. Three, I had to do something for my sister. She had given me her card to buy stuff for the house and the cake she has to make tomorrow.

Once I got to the store, it was after 5. Then I spent about an hour there, if not more, as my sister added on to the first simple and short list she sent me. Then as I'm leaving the store, finally, my phone dies as I'm about to see who she sent to pick me up. We already agreed that she was going to get an Uber or Lyft to take me home since I was carrying 2 and half dozen eggs. 😁

Got home, heated up the food I made yesterday after we put up most of the food and then sat down to eat before she greased my hair. I washed it late last night.

That reminds me. Oddly. I had to take an Uber to work today. I got up and down to the bus stop in time today. But nothing showed. I waited as long as I could before calling for a car.

So now I'm on line at 11:10 pm because I go in to work for 3 pm tomorrow.

Well, numb feet and toes aside, I'm able to go up stairs better now. So one notch for me outside of the weight loss.

Oh, I got my pay card back a day or so ago. I still have to report my missing cards to the police. I half wish that when I do, they already have them in evidence waiting for me to claim thing, but I also know this is wishful thinking.

Ok, going now. Later. 

No comments:

Post a Comment