September 10, 2017

It's written up now

Yesterday I was called to the 'office' to sign a paper saying that I lost $38 and change. Yeah, I know I said it was $33, but I was apparently wrong. It's $38 and change.

So I was officially written up that my register was short this amount. The paper said that I get three of these things and I could, but more than likely be fired. But there was a part in there that said something about 'within a reasonable period'. So we are expected to make mistakes, just not very often.

I even asked if I could just pay back what I lost. She said no. But I was able to write how I think I was able to be short before signing it. And I was told, I would only be written up if I was short by $10 or more.

So I just have to keep doing what I'm doing, and I should be fine.

Oh, I never said how I thought I was short.

Well, that day I didn't get a break, completely my fault it seems. I'm suppose to remind the managers when I'm suppose to go on break. So, I think I was more tired than I thought, because the next day when I was at the register, I caught myself looking at the wrong part of the screen to give back change. It has happened before, but I guess that day I didn't catch it.

So I was in the fitting room on Saturday. There was one surprise, but I don't think I can talk about it. There was one other thing. I caught a shoplifter. I didn't confront them, I just saw that they ditched a sensor in the fitting room and told a manager who followed them. I think they got the item back, but I didn't follow up.

I also realized that after being on the cash register for about a week, your feet are near normal again and then you start reliving the pain that made you dread waking up. The whole ball of my foot and toes are back to feeling swollen and in pain. I was starting to think that things were starting to get better for me. When it turns out that it was just me not running myself ragged in the fitting room.

Also, my hours for this week was changed twice and the second time I had to work on the day I have to go to immigration to have a background check. It's on the 14th. They came around to tell each of us when they changed it the second time. I told her that I couldn't work that day and told her why. She said to just make sure that I told her before either of us left so she could put it in this book.

I did find her at the end of my shift. I had the letter on me to show her so she would know that I wasn't lying to just not work. So I got back the day, but she didn't get me any other day to make up for it. So I'm only going to be working twice this week. Which I think kinda works out. I couldn't hardly walk today and someone is coming tomorrow to look at the bathroom. Our land lord is having it fixed.

He still doesn't want us to have washer and dryer never mind just a washer, so my sister found something that he would agree to. A portable washer. She just ordered it today. It will be here in a few days. I think It will be here on the 13th. I'm not sure. We are also getting some things to dry the clothes on. Those should be here Tuesday.

Other than that, not much else is happening. Oh, my half sister and someone else is coming down from Canada and is staying with us for a few days to a week. And in a month we are going to FL. I'm going for about a week since I'm taking the long way there and back. By bus. I hope to see two friends that I have down there, but with the hurricane, I'm a little worried about one of them. He lives in Key West. I was thinking that I could just show up and say hi, but I may have to call ahead. If anything just to see how he fared the storm and to see if he is still living at the address I have for him.

Well, later. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment