December 19, 2017

Eye Exam

Hello There.

After work today I went to have my eyes checked and get new glasses. I was there on time, but I wasn't seen for almost an hour. Then I had to sit at 6 different machines that checked all kinds of things with my eyes. Then I got the see the eye doctor after a very delayed bathroom trip.

She asked why I was there today. I guess if I really thought about it, I could have come up with more than one answer. But since I had a real reason myself, I was saved from making any kind of smart comment. I told her that either my vision has gotten worst or I needed the bifocals that I didn't get last time.

So my prescription was updated/changed to something a bit stronger, at least for my reading. I guess my distance one is unchanged. So, I went for progression lens. I had to get the bifocals. I almost didn't get them because of the coast, but I got a payment plan for the total of $525. The extra $25 is 'insurance' for my frames for one year.

Now in case you got your glasses for more than $500, my price was that low, including exam, because I used my insurance to cut some of the cost and I didn't get fancy on the frames and nothing else was added to my lenses. I would have liked scratch resistance. But after ending up at $525 and under pain of crippling interest rates if I miss a payment of $89 for the next 6 months, I didn't want to know what that would cost me and maybe temp me further down a path I didn't want to find myself.

So, where are my glasses? If you have gotten such glasses, you would know that they are done at some lab somewhere. So I won't see my new glasses for a week. I tried on a few different frames, but I liked the feel of the first one she gave me better than the others. I just kinda wish there wasn't any 'bling' on the sides.

After there I went to change into my cold weather clothes then I remembered the frames that I paid for way back when got a bad prescription. So I went back to ask them how much it would cost to use my frames. That knocked off maybe $50. She also said something about seeing what kind of frames they were, so I'm taking them to show her this week.

This week I also have a shift that starts at 8 am. I can't do it. I know. Most of you have never had a job that didn't start after 8am, but I would have to be up 4 hours before that to get to work on time. Personally, I can't do it. I'm a night person. I rather work late than come in early. It tires me out too much. I'm falling asleep on the bus now because I am up for work 4 hours ahead every day for work.

So, I have to call Britney in a few minutes so she can change the 8am to 10am. I may or may not keep all my hours, but it can't be helped.

Just when I started to get serious about starting to pay down my amazon card I give myself another bill. But I have to see. Oh, I can't find my pay card either. I put a hold on it as I waited for it to show back up again, but it hasn't. I just know that when I request a new card I'm going to find it. But I have to because I can't move my pay from there to my other bank account until I do.

Later. 

No comments:

Post a Comment