March 10, 2018

I couldn’t do it

I was trying to see how much it would cost to get to work buying single ride bus tickets vs a whole month pass. But I gave up last night and got a bus pass.

Other than the first reason given for why I was doing this, I came out of February with a light schedule and entered March on a light schedule, so didn't want to spend money on a pass I wasn't going to use that much.

But it was so a hassle. Buying two tickets every day. On my phone mind you. Then the thing only lasted for half an hour so I never got to use the built in transfer because by the time the next bus showed up it had already expired and the bus drivers were anted me to pay more for a transfer. When I had a two zone ticket.

Last I knew, that covered the price for a transfer. So I paid for the tickets and then paid for a transfer with cash, that I have very little on me of, and that leaves me not being able to make an extra stop on my way home, which I did once in a while to get something for dinner or anything else that I may have time to do after work on my early days.

I also saw my schedule for the next two weeks and I'm back to a full schedule. So there was no point. I would spend twice as much if I kept buying single ride tickets.

Time to take a bath. I have work today. The last weekend shift for a while actually. Now I'm rethinking signing up for swim class.

Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment