July 29, 2020

TV

I got up. I took a bath. Made a real breakfast of eggs with onions and mushrooms, and I still didn't go anywhere.

My laundry is going to start hating me soon. I thought about going to the DMV also, but they closed too early once I was awake and did everything else. I still think that the place will be crowded for what number is now considered crowded for them. And I still won't get my ID and I would have been waiting for 4ish hours.

So that left me with time to pull my new tv inside. Sweep the floor around my computer desk, part of the living room and in front of the table in the dinning room. We had a sudden downpour that last for about five minutes before the world acted like it didn't happen. And because of the heat, I didn't even see wet pavement outside a few hours later. 

So I worked on a different story. I finished watching Canon Buster before watching things on YouTube. I came across that lady who is somehow a doctor that thinks a lot of a insane things. Alien DNA. Demons having sex with you while you sleep and that Hydroxychloroquine is a cure for COVID-19 and that you don't need to wear a mask. That was all kinds of wack.

So my tv. It's 50 inches. It's what I switched shifts for so I would be here for it's delivery in case the front door was locked when they came to drop it off. But it wasn't. Oh well. here is a shot of it boxed.


Until now, all our tvs were the Sharp+Roku hybrids. But these guys bought out, took over, or merged with Sharp and parted from Roku in the process. 

My sister called me to find out if it came and if I was going to unbox it myself. I said I was going to wait for her to get home before touching it outside of dragging the box inside. I don't want it braking on me and I was in no rush to set it up. 

So, some how, I, as far as my sister is concerned, lost two remotes during the move here. The one for my room, which was kind broken, and the one for either the tv in the living room or the kitchen. They all look the same. So I've been using one remote for all three. Now that I'm getting a new tv, I have to get a replacement remote. I might as well get two while I'm at it. But since the person won't be coming by for my old tv for about a month, I have time to put that charge off until next month. I'm trying to keep my amazon purchases below my monthly payment to them.

So my sister gets here and once she took out the recycling that I already had tied up for her to take out, she had box cutter in hand and unboxing my tv before I could stand to help her move it to my room. If you have ever set up one of these things you know you need to lay it down on a flat surface. Either a towel over a table or a bed. 

So here is my old tv set up in my room for the last time. 


I'm going to miss that screen. 

While we were setting up the new tv, we found a slight problem. 


The legs were further apart than my old tv, which made my table too small for this tv. So my sister displaced her stuff off the side table she had in her bedroom and took the printer off the matching side table in the living room so my tv can stand on its own two feet. 



We both agree that it looks smaller than the old tv for some reason, but they are suppose to be the same size.

Once we were done setting it up and learned a few things, and I figured out how to mirror my phone so I can read in bed, I went to cook the lamp chops. I started later than I wanted, but I was hungry and figured that I could take it to work also.


They were on the thick side compared to the ones I watched being cook, and since we don't eat raw meat, they also had a small stint in the oven to make sure they were cooked through.

I had fries with one of them and packed the other up with cauliflower rice for lunch.


I don't think I really tasted the balsamic vinegar reduction, but everything tasted great to me. I only did four in case I messed up this time, so when I cook the other four, I think I got it.

My sister thought that the one she ate was a little salty. I told her that there was a mix of how I applied the seasoning to the chops. I guess she got one that was a little more salted than mine. But she really like the reduction. The thing I couldn't really taste. But it smelled great when I was making it. That last chop, which is her's is hanging out in the fridge in a ziplock bag.

Either way.

I've posted my photo for the day over at DA. I've got my lunch in the fridge for tomorrow. I have a new tv to go mess with before I have to be asleep in two hours and I'm feeling good. I kept my left knee bent under me for a bit today to stretch out my ligaments and I think it helped.

So I'm thinking good thoughts for tomorrow. Good thoughts.

Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment