July 30, 2020

Almost Turned In Early.

Hello there.

I closed windows, turned off lights and I was heading to bed when I remembered that not only did I have this to write up, I had a photo to post over at DA.

So, some of my good luck lasted until today. I feel good when I catch my buses and get to work a little early. If I miss my first bus, then I end up paying Uber to get to work, and lately it's anywhere between $15 and $38. I get paid $11.04 an hour. You do the math.

So yeah. I got my buses and was happy about it. Speaking of buses, I was checking the calendar and realized that to go to work on Sunday I'll have to buy a new monthly pass. That will set me back $78. 

So work. I got off the bus with almost 30 minutes left until I had to clock in. I walked down to the food truck and ordered something for lunch. I ended up getting a platter. I haven't gotten that in a while. It just means that I got a closed container for my egg sandwich with fries and I get some macaroni salad as a side. 

I was hoping to get somewhere with a project that no one really cares about because they have bigger things to deal with. So I tried to put out some pants to the men's department, but like always, I was constantly called to register. Before this whole outbreak, we had walkies that had ear pieces so the whole store wouldn't hear us calling across the store for the register to be maned when someone was ready to pay among other things. 

But when we came back, the ear pieces were out. Considering the masks. But we still tried to use the walkies, but now everyone can hear. But slowly more and more of them became broken or weren't being charged or that was the part that was broken. So today, everyone was calling out loud for me to come to register. I'm amazed that I was able to put away the one table of pants that I was given when I first came onto the floor at the start of my shift. I was there for 7 hours. Well, 6 1/2. I had half and hour for lunch. 

So, day was busy, got some stuff done in the end and I actually touched the underwear in the men's department. I'm kinda, loosely, 'in charge' of that. Well all of accessories really. But I haven't been given rank or anything on paper either. I was just told that they wanted me to take care of it last year. In passing. 

So during the last hour of the day, as I was getting some shorts up on hooks, my boss asked if I needed or wanted more hours. Now that answer to that is always yes. The reason I stood that thinking about it long enough for her to ask the other girl, had the other girl say yes and then come back to me is every ache and pain that owned my body. 

I was already looking forward to not waking up, early, tomorrow, so I had to mentally work myself up, and prepare myself to come into work along with the aches I was going to get. But honestly, I need the money. All $70 and I could have gone to the DMV or Costco/ShopRite to spend money I don't really have since I had to give almost all of it to help with rent. I'm very, very grateful that I get paid Friday night. 

So the end of the day comes and for once, once, we aren't attacked by a small mob 30 minutes before closing and upturning everything we have fixed. Because no showed up, I was able to, as I said before, I got to touch the underwear in the men's department. I was able to sort everything back to the way it was before and pull out the few that clearance. Maybe tomorrow, I'll be able to fill the discounted set.

Since we weren't stormed, two of us got to leave a little early since we caught the bus to get home. As I neared my transfer point I realized that I should have gotten out earlier to get some stuff from the open supermarket. So now I'm trying to see about getting to another one before arriving home. 

So instead of getting on the 2 or 119 bus, I waited for the 33, but ended up getting on the 80 since I didn't think the 33 was still running. When I got off, I ended up going into a Walgreens. Where I didn't want to go, but didn't have a choice anymore. I was hoping to find so deal in there, and I kinda did. Then I walked out and got my home. 

And now I'm here telling you. I have about 30 mins left to now post my photo and get back into bed. I need a bit more sleep then I've gotten for the last two days. 

So, see you later. Oh, I don't have time to proof read this, so forgive my mistakes. :) I'll read this over later.   

No comments:

Post a Comment