October 11, 2020

Lunch upgrade

 I tried to leave home at a certain time so I would have time to buy lunch, but that didn't work out. By the time I got to the bus station, I had ten minutes until it left and I wasn't going to miss it by getting something to eat.

So my $5 sandwich has just turned into a $15 meal on Uber eats. 

Other than that I think I’m getting use to my new duties. Still, practice is needed. 

Yesterday I was off so I stayed in bed reading until I dragged myself to the computer to do something with my current story. But on Friday we had an interesting closing. There were a few insufficient funds issues. A misunderstanding of a coupon and a family wondering around the store after hours like they rented the store out for themselves and leaving a mess behind.

But this is all normal for me you say. And yes. But it was all one group /family that did this. By the time they left, I think they had 100 pieces and it was 15 past 7. 

Luckily, I wasn't the one ringing them up but I had other things to keep myself busy. 

I did learn one interesting thing on the way home. I got a lift to jfk and 5th and learned that I was a short block from Summit ave. 

I thought it was much further a way. The times I have stood and 5th when I could have gotten another bus was shocking. At least now I know. 

Later.


No comments:

Post a Comment