January 04, 2022

A little jump in time

Hey. 

In my defense I was busy. And tacked on that I'm no longer use to blogging constantly, gaps are bound to happen. 

So the year has started. This is the 4th day in, and so much has changed. 

One, we have moved again. I'm on the border of Bayonne, looking across a body of water at Staten Island. 

Two, I'm trying to understand how to get to work now. Monday, my first day back after the week I took off to move, I got to work rather well. Just 4 mins late. Not bad at all. Today, not so much. It was so hard to drag myself out of bed, and even though I thought that I was getting back the ground I lost, I just started to miss connection after connection until had to jump off the light rail and order an Uber so I would get to work at a decent time. I was 5 mins late today, but it feels worst since I had to get an Uber. I will do better tomorrow. The third time I will get it right. 

Three, I have a new work place. My store, #17 has closed. We weren't fired, our building was sold and we spent just over 2 weeks transferring all our stuff to other stories. I was there helping for 2 weeks, then I switched to my new store. The clearance store. It's in the area, but a longer walk from the bus stop. Some people are still finding where they fit, while mangers didn't really have a choice I think, other than quitting, and a few people, mangers and associates, did I think. 

Four, I'm leaking money like a sieve and I need to stop. But other than my lunch I ordered from Uber today, for today and tomorrow, it has been needed. We had to buy floor lamps because none of the bedrooms had light fixtures in them. I didn't realize that this was done in 1980 homes. So we got them on Saturday, and it was during the rain and late, and I ended up spending $68 to get home because there was no other way for us to get home. The next day I bought a microwave. We didn't have one and it's not all the practical to turn on the oven to heat up everything we want to eat. 

The microwave has it's own story. 

I went online to BestBuy to get it since I have their card and I can pay it off later, after I get paid a few times, and I forgot to change my shipping address, or thought that I already did. It was said to be shipped the next day, and the next day I went to see when it was going to show up so my sister, who was home, could make her plans for the day. That is when I saw that I hadn't changed the address. So I tried to see if I could change it, and they said that I could once it was picked up, but it wasn't picked up until the next day. I wasn't able to change the address for the delivery, even though I tried like three times. One person said that they did. It didn't happen. Someone told me that they changed my address on my account. I checked tonight. They didn't. Also, since they weren't able to deliver the microwave the next day like they said they would, they gave me $20... somewhere. Yeah, I haven't seen it, nor have I gone looking for it. 

So, my sister went to get the microwave from our old address and pick up a poster that she left on cabinets in the kitchen. I don't know why she bothered, but she wanted it and she got it. Anyway, the microwave is 1.6 cf I think. I was told to get a decent sized one, I thought this was decent sized. It was just bigger in person than we both thought. But it's good. It's family sized and we will take it with us when we move for the last time. :) 

It's almost carved in stone now. We have now both agreed that the next time we move, we are buying our own house. 4-5 years out from now. 

I think that's enough for now. Tomorrow I'll tell how my travels went and tell you tales of how we ended up in this apt.

Night. 


No comments:

Post a Comment