January 09, 2022

I just watched "Don't Look Up"

 So, the movie just finished, and I'm mildly impressed. 

It was better than I thought it would be. I put off watching it from the time I heard about it, and today, I decided that the idea of watching it, wasn't such a bad one. 

I went into it thinking that it was going to be a spoof comedy, on past the world is going to end by asteroid movies, but it wasn't. Not really. There was a little, very little, of that. It was more commentary on how Washington DC is and politics in general is being played these days. Which is down right sad. 

Near the end, things got even more somber and then the odd twist at the very end made me and possibly a few other people, question something that had been stated throughout the whole movie. 

I'm not going to give it away. That isn't why I'm writing this. I'm writing this to let you know that it's actually a good movie. You will get feels from this. 

As for the rest of my day. 

I was home today, woke up late, did just about nothing until I made myself go to the laundromat. It's been raining outside for most of the day. It's just gotten heavier now that the sun has set. It's washed away most of what was left of the snow, but if it's in the 20's again tomorrow, I'm looking at sheets of ice. 

Oh yeah. She-ra. Netflix is scrolling titles at me now that the movie is over and I stopped it from showing me previews. One was of She-ra. I started watching that and forgot to continue. I watched their, Netflix, version of He-man first. That was good. It didn't rehash anything. Thank goodness. It just picked up and did a nice little arc of it own and kinda ended things. 

She-ra on the other hand, that is an all new re-write. I'm only 11 eps in, but I like it so far. It's better than the original and I watched the original when it first aired. They meant well, but they didn't have a real clue, was only out to sell girl toys, and were very much a product of the times. 

I have to take out the trash later, like an hour from now. I think. 

Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment