December 22, 2009

Ended up having to get the 10:45pm show of Avatar at 62 St. So I'll be here for a while. I should have come here first, but no, I had to try and see the 3D one down on 23rd St, to just find out that all the shows had been sold out.

I then had to walk about 9 or 10 long cold snow covered NY city blocks to use my transfer to get the bus up to 62 st. I even had to run the last block to catch the bus and I got on a bus who's stop was another 5 blocks past my stop.

So I had to go walk my butt back down all those blocks after I started to get warm. I wasn't warm yet, just getting there. At least it was along the short sides of the blocks. Then when I got there I had a little surprise.

They had two kinds of the Avatar movie showing. They had the 3D that I thought was only showing at 23rd and the normal one. Fine I said. I'll try and watch the 3D one. I walked up, gave the person my card and asked for a ticket for the 3D one. Then she asked me for $3. I looked at her. Then told her, "Oh no, I don't need the glasses I brought my own." "no" she tells me. You still have to pay the $3. Great. Fine. A ticket for the normal movie then. Which started at 10:45pm. I think it was only 8pm at the time, so I was in for a long wait.

I didn't the line for my movie, but while I was waiting, I saw a few people who came and got tickets for the normal Avatar movie, and when I was finally seated in side I saw the place full up quickly.

It was nice movie. I know. I'm not raving. I blame it on all the plotting I've done for my stories. It is a good movie, and you should go see it if you like anything SciFi, but I know how it would play out after they gave me bits along the way. It reminded me too much of the world when it was being colonized.

When it was all said and done, I was on my way home at 2 something in the morning. I walked over to the 59th St station and took the 4 train all the way home.

No comments:

Post a Comment