September 24, 2011

Interesting… afternoon

I have no real right to call it an interesting day since the morning only saw my sleeping until 10am when my alarm went off for me to take my pill, which I ended up taking 2 hours later than I should have.

Either which way. You know of my plan to get to school and how that went south.

The interesting part starts when I went to exchange my new sketch pad that I got from the art store for $16. Lucky me I still had my receipt in my little purse, so it was ok to exchange it. I also looked at some colour pencils. The expensive kind. I had already gotten some, but they weren’t good enough.

While I was giving the attendant a headache over the ones I wanted to take or, and needed, another person from my school showed up to get something also.

I ended up getting a refund on the $16 on my credit card and paid for the odd bits I picked up with cash. I had money on me. I thought I might have had some. I just didn’t look to make sure I still had it for when I need it. Now I have to go forget again. Smile 

Well after that, there was the other colour pencils that I had to return to OfficeMax, but on my way there I decided to swing by Walgreen to see if they had their ink refilling machine fixed. But on my way there, I decided to swing by this indoor market to get some raisin bread, but when I got there, I didn’t see the market. They seemed to have been moved to Sundays. Today it was some kind of rally to get Trader Joe’s to pay farmers 1 cent more per pound for their veggies.

They seem to be one of the last hold outs to this … plan. Other stores have already agreed and are doing it. They were to even have a march at 4pm. I didn’t plan on being in town that long and I don’t really march on anything. I thought it was something that I they would have been doing already if not one of the first, so I signed my name to something that they had there, and wished them luck before moving on.

On my way to Walgreen again, after a 2 block detour, I ran into or should I say saw a peaceful march. I wanted to cross the street, but the light was against me. So I stood still and they quietly marched past me. After they left, I kinda wished that I took a pic of them. It was something about Yemen. 

Then I just made my way back the way I came, and onward to Walgreen. There I was told no, to the only question I had for them and should have left, but I stayed to look at the 50% off cart that was right in front of that counter.

It mostly looked like stuff for the Wii, but I was hoping to find something interesting. What I got was a guy wanting to hold my hand. Odd I know. He was nice. It started out with wanting to see how long my fingers were and how big my hand was and we matched palms and ended up lacing our fingers a few times.

It was odd, like I said, but also nice. He was nice. I know I said that before. Well he complemented me on my fingers and hands, and just before he left, he asked me what perfume I was wearing. I know, old line, but we were quite close, he would have been able to smell it on me.

I was thrown and came back with and old and normally right answer. I don’t wear any. It was afterwards that I realize that I did put some on, but I haven’t a clue what the name of it is. I just took one that my mom had. I’ll have to take the bottle with me when it’s out to replace it. Smile 

Well I ended up walk out of the building with him and as luck would have, we were kinda going in the same direction. He was going to the long island rail road and I was headed to BestBuy and office max.

Just before we parted ways, he asked for my number. I am shocked once again and told him that I would be busy with school. As we parted ways I regretted not giving him my number or getting his.

He was nice. We could have been friends. Talk to each other once a month or something. We got along well. Now I want it to be known that I highly commend him for taking a chance and talking to me the way he did. It worked. It honestly did. I was just so surprised at someone talking to me, and in such a nice way, that I reacted poorly.

I wish he had asked for my number again. I would like to think that I would have given it for him. That way once he got back from Long Island he could at least have told me how helping his friends move turned out.

Well I’m never going to see him again. That is one of the down sides of living in such a big place. If this was back home, we would have just said where we could have been found before running off to where we were going, and just asking around would have gotten us to find the other person again.

I also feel bad that I don’t remember his name. I was just really embarrassed that my nails weren’t as clean as they could be. But I was very happy that he didn’t seem to notice.

So I walk on. All the time thinking that I could go and catch up with him, but I still had this wild notion that I would be able to still use my transfer to get back home.

I go up to BestBuy, and pay them before walking back out and going to OfficeMax that was down stairs. I ran into a few little issues. Well I didn’t. The lady doing the return kept hitting the wrong button which would have her re-entering the barcode number and my card’s number a number of times before she got it right.

Then I walked over to bus stop and waited for the bus to show up, which wasn’t long. We were almost waiting for the same light at different corners. I got to the bus stop just in time.

The rest of my trip was mundane. Then I checked my mail after getting home and eating some left over. Chase took $12 out of my account for some fee that I don’t know about, since I haven’t used in over a week since I was down to $11.09. So I moved $20 over from my savings. I hope that saved me from any penalties. I was only in the negative for 91 cents.

But this is Chase we are talking about. So after I moved the money, I sent them an e-mailing asking what the $12 fee was for and if I had to pay an over drawn fee on 91 cents.

The over draw happened at 6 something this morning, so since a whole day didn’t go by before I fixed it, I hope that means a no, but I won’t know for a while.

Now I’m going to give my attention over completely to watching Star Trek on BBC American. Smile 

Yeah. We got it and new ep of Dr. Who tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment