May 11, 2018

I actually caught the express bus.

Hey👋

I meant to let you know when the whole waiting game ended yesterday, but my battery got real low and I needed it to turn on to show my bus pass to get home.

Then when I got home my sister had me cooking and cleaning for the next 2-ish hours.

Anyway, I walked into the federal building at 11:30 am and I walked out at 5pm. On the dot.

I have been sworn in. I am official. I am now a legal citizen of the US. 🇺🇸 They even gave us little flags. Just when I was starting to die from hunger, we took the oath and was given our papers.

We were also warned that replacing it would cost us $550.

I'm so tired right now. Lately I seem to be falling asleep just before midnight, then something would wake me up about 3 hours or so in, then it would be heck to go back to sleep and I wake feeling like I was be dragged from my grave. I've taken two Uber's to work because I just needed some more sleep. I refused to do that today which is why I'm very happy I caught the express bus.

I almost missed it too, but with a little daring and wheelchair bound human, I was able to make it. Now I have time to eat breakfast.

Later.

Sent from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment