January 19, 2021

Catching Up

 So, a day before my birthday I tried to go to work. I felt fine when I left my house. 

When I got to work I was a mess. My head hurt, my chest hurt and I just didn't feel like moving. I paid an Uber to get to me work on time since I missed the second bus by seconds. 

My boss saw me and sent me home. So while I was at the doc's, I took a covid spit test and was told to stay home until I got the results. I got a fish burger, grilled salmon thank you. Then I went home and slept after I ate and took some pain pills for my headache. 

I slept most of the next day too. I was starting to feel better on the 14th and more so on the 15th, but I didn't feel ready to go back to work yet. But I got a call from the doc's office saying that my test was negative. I knew it would be, but I had to take it make sure and justify my sick leave. 

So it wasn't until after they told me, hung up and a few hours had passed, did I realize that I needed  proof to show HR so I could go back to work. I got a doc's note at the start of this, and I would need one at the end. But when I called back, they had already closed so I had to wait until Monday to call the office for one. 

I called them three time. In fact, here is what I told HR, yesterday. 


I tried to get the doctor’s note today, but didn’t get it.

I had to be home for something this morning, so I called the office to tell them that I needed a doctor’s note to go back to work saying that my test came back negative. I gave them my name and e-mail address. This was at 10 am.

I then called back at 1 pm before going to the laundromat. I told them that I needed this letter for HR today along with my e-mail and name and whatever else they asked for.

At 3 I called back again while I’m at the laundromat since I wanted to get this to you and sorted by 5. Now I’m informed that the doctor her self has to write it and she’s been really busy today.

After 4, the office calls me to confirm some details and I think I’m getting this e-mail within the hour.

5:33 come around and I still haven’t gotten anything. I call the office hoping they close at 6, but the recording says that they closed at 5.


I had also told my boss, when she asked, that I was getting the doc's note on Monday so I could start work on Tuesday. So she happy sends me my schedule for the week Monday afternoon/night as I'm realizing that I'm not getting the note. 

So went there in person today to get my doc's note. I didn't say anything about the day before and I sat down to see how long it would take. It didn't take that long at all. less then 30 mins for sure. Then I read it. It was one little line in a sea of contact information and boiler plate information and a stamp instead of the a written signature from the doc. This was almost not worth the 24 hour wait I was put through. I wanted to, I was ready to, go to work today. 

So once again I got another fish burger and veggie tempura on my way home, since it was on the way and I hadn't had breakfast yet, never mind lunch. 

I got the e-mail to HR sent out. I let my boss know it was done, I ate my late lunch and now I'm looking forward work. I'm working 12 - 6:30 and mostly I will be kicked out around 6 since they worry about me catching my buses. Unless it's the one manager who takes the bus also who is closing with me, then we just leave together at the end. 

So that was most of my week. 

I am good. 

The walk to the doc's I took slowly, but I felt perfectly fine, if not a little tired since I've only left the house twice in the last week. I took a nap, now I'm fine and wondering if I should wash my hair. Some people may like how it looks now, but this is how it looks when I should wash it. 

So, that it's for now. 

Take care. Wear your masks even when you are talking. Duh. Wash your hands and invest in hand sanitizer. The masks is mostly for Covid and the rest of it is for everything else. But they help each other too.

Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment