February 23, 2021

The Day Came And Went

 I got some of my implants. 

Yes it was painful. I thought before hand to tell my job that I may be out the next day. When I told them why, they helped get someone to cover for me. I was going to do it on my break, but she, one of my managers, had time on her hands and called the only three people that could have covered my shift. 

The Uber there was $40 odd. I got three put in on both sides of my mouth. One on my left and two on my right. My left one was far less painful than the other two. I had to get over 20 shots to be numb enough to survive the whole thing. 

My sister thinks I'm upset at her for making me go through this, but I'm not. They are needed, but I'm always in pain when I go to the dentist. Even for a cleaning I'm in pain. I just hate the whole thing every time. 

After I went to the city to get my scan for this upcoming event, they found cavities. Of course they did. I think I may have told you this before. Anyway, my sister wanted me to get them looked at with someone who would take my insurance. The one I told my sister about was just a block from here, but they didn't have any openings before our trip on Sunday. 

So today I tried again but again nothing, so my sister saw another place on her way home and made an appointment for me. Kind of. You can't just walk into any medical type place anymore without an appointment. So she made one for the first of the month. But she wants me to call tomorrow to see if they have any cancelations. So I'm going to be doing that for each day I have off until I can go see them. There is just one catch. The first is a Monday. I normally work on Mondays. So I'll have to call and change it to another date come Friday or Thursday when I see my schedule for next week. I don't want to miss another day of work. I'm only getting so much as it is. 

So Sunday, when I got back from getting the three implants, I held frozen bags of cherries and onions to my face to help with the pain. I was surprised it worked. But I fell asleep with one bag that seemed to have had a hole in it. So parts of my room still smells like onions. 

I'm on antibiotics and Motrin I think. I had to find a new pharmacist to get the prescription filled since my normal one is closed on Sundays. I tried not to speak much on Sunday and even though I didn't feel that bad today, I still couldn't eat well and thought that if I did go to work today I may have aggravated my jaw back into be painful. So I'm not very upset that I didn't go to work today. 

So let's see what happens tomorrow. 

Oh. It snowed today. Yeah, more snow. I thought it was raining, But when I went into the kitchen to make some soup, I saw these big snowflakes falling. and there was a lot of them too. 

But it was over with by 2 or so I think. 

Well, later. 

No comments:

Post a Comment