February 17, 2021

The Heat Finally Got Fixed

 And how did this come about after over two weeks, but I'm sure we were starting our fourth now, of upstairs not doing anything?

I saw the husband outside and in her (land lady) last text to us, she said that she was going to have him look at the unit for our apartment down in the basement. So I told him this after trying to contact 2-1-1 the day before and was on hold way too long and I had to hang up. 

He messed around with it and even flicked off our power to try and get it started. They had turn the temp up and down a few times. He couldn't get it to work. That just about proved that we weren't just complaining and that we didn't break it. It was something a lot bigger than we just turning the temp down lower than 65. 

Then without confirming it with us, she set up an appointment for someone to come look at it today. PSE&G actually. Luckily, I had today off. Granted, I was going to see my sister at her job so she could scan my teeth for my upcoming appointment with a dentist. But because of this, I ended up going in the afternoon and later than I would have liked, but that was my fault. I just didn't want to leave the house, and not because it was finally warm. 

Anyway, going to the dentist always makes my teeth hurt. Like they remember the pain from everything I've been through in such a place. Of course I have cavities. My mom told me years ago that she had  bad teeth and I got that dysfunction in my DNA too. She asked me how I'm not in pain. I'm always in pain of some kind. Lately, I've been clinching my jaw, so that is what has been bugging me lately with my teeth, but I thought that was all on me. But I've been brushing and swashing with mouthwash. A lot. But I still got new cavities and a one or two root canals. 

Really bad genes. My sister said that I should floss, but the only times I've tired, I made my gums bleed or I couldn't get it done right. 

So, I'll see how and when what get's done first. 

Anyway. When the office closed, she took me to see all these places she was bringing home food from. I got a fresh pasta dish, from one of them then we caught the last express bus home. The lucky stiff get's to ride one bus to and from work that has limited stops. While I have to contend with two buses and over an hour of travel time, not counting in the times I have to wait for the buses to show up. When there was more traffic on the streets, before the lockdown, it would take me two hours to get to work. 

Ok. Just about time to call it a night. I have a short shift tomorrow. For most of the week really, but I still have to get up and get ready and catch my two buses. I say short, but it's from 12 till 6:30. 

Anyway. Night. Or morning as the case may be. 


No comments:

Post a Comment