February 14, 2006

I Lost.

That computer that I told you about that Little Ray gave me to fix for him, well I can't fix it. I dug up things that I've heard of but never tried, and despite myself, I stayed up until 3 am trying to find a way, but today was it.

I conclude that the hard drive is dying. I won't know for sure if it's some other part of the laptop until I replace the laptop and try to install the OS. But I'm pretty sure that it's the hard drive since

Active@ Kill Disk - Hard Drive Eraser

Couldn't delete the very first cluster since it was damaged, then at the same point the computer just shut down twice on me. We have told Ray to tell the person that he want's his money back for this, and that we would pay him $50EC for it. The battery doesn't work, we have to get a new one, and it doesn't come with power cord, and we have to replace the hard drive. If we had to get any more parts for it, he would have to pay us to take it.

While I was in my last ditch attempts to fix his laptop, I wasted a cd, found out that it was a good thing that my sister saved a new usb floppy drive and disks from the trash, and almost crashed my sister's laptops trying out some software. I fixed that one after the blue screen of death came up twice for her. I did a restore. I'm glad I turned that back on. *grin*

It's just tonight that I really got on line for any thing personal. I first checked my school mail. The lady for the site is meeting me on Friday. I have one thing to post when I get in. I got a thank you note from one student, and the rest is mostly mass e-mails. Oh, there was one from Rick. He saw a small notch the he could fill with most of us taking the old striped computers that the school was going to toss. They need memory, a hard drive, and a monitor if they aren't replacing a current computer. I have a hard drive I could put in it, but I would need memory and a monitor. I just started of thinking of replacing this computer with that one. It's a pIII in that shell, but I would have liked a few newer parts, and USB 2.0 but it could just keep me quite about not being able to do some stuff until I get the money for all the really new stuff. The next one might be for Nika, but then we started to think of giving the laptop to Nika if we got it, and got it going. Either which way, we will need to get a router for this to really work.

My ankle kept me in bed most of the day. It was hurting me really bad when I went to bed something this morning, so I tried to stay off of it to make sure I could go to work tomorrow. Despite my little injury, I was still asked to do a few things, and use the bathroom and answer the phone that was more or less "2" rooms away. Speaking of phone. We, we meaning me, have finally hooked up the answering machine that we got like the middle of last year. I was the first to use it, it turns out, and my sister said that it came out great, but the two that I had to delete didn't sound that great. I know why for the first one, it was a cell call, but I don't know what was up with the second one.

At least I had my audio books to keep my company for the day. Jhodie did her things this morning along with checking out Ram's for the stuff for Ray as well as for us, but the really cheep stuff were gone. Like dah. Then she went to work for 1:15pm, and when she got back at like 5:30 she was talking about going out fishing. She changed her mind. Later I found out that it was a paying gig. Someone was going to pay her for the fish. She was too tired anyway.

I found out that the cheddar triscuit goes well with tuna salad. The onion is still with me almost 7 hours later. I have some pics of the plants we have on our porch or landing as we call it down here, and one of Nika asleep in the couch, Jhodie got a few of the outside of the house and one more of the plantins. Now half the bunch is yellow. She said that I could take some for M since we don't want any to go to waste.

I have $7 on me to get me to and from work tomorrow. I get the rest of my bus money Wednesday night. We had a nice family time for about 20mins on my bed with me playing my audio book, and Jhodie and Nika on the computer, with all of us being on my bed.

The sad part of the day was when Nika told Jhodie that someone took her purse from her. She told me that she lost it running around the school today. Then Jhodie asked her a few more q's about it, and it seems that someone walked up to her, took her purse, put their money it, then walked away with it. She didn't do anything. She'll attack and fight us, but she won't fight to keep her stuff in school. How are we suppose to fix that one??

Ok, I have to go wash my stuff for work, and spell check this thing. I don't think I missed anything from today. ...

No comments:

Post a Comment