February 07, 2006

It's almost a week.

I have wanted to post a blog since Wednesday, but I just haven't gotten around to it.

I was going to do it this weekend, but lucky me I received the information for the site I told you that I had been hired for. I spent the next two-day working on it. I didn't expect to finish it so soon. I was planning on showing her a template of the site in 4 days. I finished the whole thing in a day and a half.


Here is a pic of my uncle. He saved our supper on Wednesday. The gas started to act up again. He came by and banged on the round thing between the gas tank and the pipe going to the stove. It turns out that there was water in there that was stopping the gas from getting to the stove.

On Thursday nothing much happened. Near the end of the day I was asked by Rick to install some drivers on a desktop. It gave me a time. Tishion had to help me, and I left him to do the rest of it when it came time for me to leave.

On Friday I worked some more on the computer but that was after our free lunch. Rick sprang for lunch. It's how he celebrates his birthday it seems. We also had something of a meeting during this little lunch. Then in the end, they had a birthday cake for Rick and I. It had our names on it. It's the first cake I think that I ever had with my name on it. I know I had one back when I was like 11 or so, but it was a plane cake with no song or anything.

Later in the day a student showed up with a cam for sale. This is one of the few things that I'm actually going to buy for myself. It's a 3mega pixels cam that can take movies. It took us a while to find out how to just turn it on to take a pic. It wasn't her cam after all. She was selling it for someone else who had already left. I agreed to buy it. It's going to cost me $345 I think.

On Saturday I showed up a little late. I was up late Friday night tapeing an anime movie. “Sprite Away” actually. It came on, on cartoonnetwork so I was cutting out the ads until I was two tired to stay up any long. I made it as far as the stop at "Swapbottom". I think that was what the stop was called.

To tell the truth, I would have liked a change to tape "Whispers of the Heart". It's quite a normal type movie. A slice of life type of movie. I liked how simple everything was.

On Saturday a guard had come by before I got in. He was early. I expected him to come by after 3. Then within 15 mins of me sitting down at my desk the dean and his wife showed up. That was quite a surprise. As always, he barely talked to me. There is something about me that he doesn't like. He is the newest person there, but it's been years, he should have gotten use to my look by now.

Either which way. I settled down to work, and I got a copy of the book for Nika.

Then the guard showed up again. He came for something that I didn't know about. He brought a job for me to do for him. But I had time before I could start it or even had to think about it. He didn't even need it for at least 9 months. He as just asking me.

I was so into making it that I didn't realize that it was so close to closing time until I looked down at the clock and saw that it was 5 past 10. There were still students in the LRC on the computers. Well what do I expect? No one told them that it was time to leave. So I set up the program and it sent out a message that the LRC was now closed and that the computers were going to restart in 5 mins. Then 4 mins later they got up and left.

I ended up leaving a bit later. I had stuff to do still. I left so late that the guards going home gave me lift into town.

Sunday I finished up the site and tackled a few things I had in mind to get done. I wasn't planning on telling her that I had finished so soon, but I ended up doing so anyway. That was at 9pm. I played my game until closing. I had done some real work work before, not that there is really any work for me on the weekend once it wasn't left over from the week itself.

She never got back to me, but then I didn't that she would once I saw what time it was when I sent off the e-mail. I was after 9. So I waited until it was closing time, and I mostly left on time.

I was suppose to go by my uncle's house on Saturday, but I didn't know until I was leaving, and at that point it was too late. Sunday I tried to get to work early to get lunch or at least show up early considering the day before. So Monday I went by. I got there like 2 hours too late it turns out. My uncle was playing with his cam and somehow was able to get rid of the pics that he wanted saved to the computer. The odd thing is, there were other pictures on there, and they were still there by the time I came over to copy them off. I haven't a clue how he got rid of the other pics without knowing it, and how he was able to leave the others behind.

He was not happy. I had to hold on to the cam to make sure he didn't break it. He was not happy. The pictures that were missing were of a small family reunion that they had last week. If I hadn't gone to town earlier that afternoon with Nika to buy some cereal I would have gone to his house instead. Oh well. As for my short trip to town, we got three cereals, a box drink and one bread. Along with bus fare to get back home, it come up to $39. I was hoping that I was going to have enough money left from the $40 that I took off the bank to get another cornflakes if the one I got wasn't that good. I let Nika show me the way back to the bus stop. She has to learn how to get from some places to other places by herself incase anything happened. I did the same thing on the way over to Uncle Ray's house, but she still wanted to take the wrong turn that she took the last time I let her lead me there.

I always hope that I would only be a short time over at my uncle's, but it just about never turns out that way. I got there like 6 something, but we didn't get to leave until after 8. He gave us a ride home that I said ok to since I had hurt my ankle some how.

It's currently 6pm Tuesday evening and it still hurts. I've managed to stay off of it for most of the day. And for most of the day my sister has been making a skirt for Nika. She just finished it like 30 mins ago. Now she is tending to dinner, I'm writing my blog and Nika is watching tv. Well she was watching tv. She has now been told to do her homework, and Jhodie had gone for a bath. Something I will have to do soon. All this time I've been playing "The Complete Chronicles of Narnia" I'm playing the first chapter now, "The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe". Like I said I already played chapter 6 first, "The Magicians Nephew".

Now it's Wednesday night and I am now posting. Tomorrow I have to try and get up early without waiting for my sister. I waited for her to wake me up to wake up almost at 10:30 with her sleeping in her bed. Grief!

I had to call in late, and had popcorn to eat for the whole day until I got home. And when I got home the house looked worst of mess then when I left this morning. She hadn't cooked or cleaned. She went to get fries and chicken. Since I have to get up early tomorrow I think that I get up a bit earlier so I can get lunch from the new Ital place. I wanted some lentil patties today.

Off to spell check... oh before I do.... here's the link for the site I did over the weekend that I told you about. http://www.pigtalepublishing.com

See ya.

No comments:

Post a Comment