June 18, 2006

I'm waiting for my pill to fully kick in.

Hi.

I wasn't going to blog today.

Besides three things nothing much has happened for the past few days and I was going to update you on Tuesday.

Ok.... (now thinking about it, there are more then three things), I'll tell.

Oh, the pill is for my acid reflux. I tried lying down before it fully kicked in and I just burned my chest. So I'm up.

Let's see.

Friday I got a call back from Reeds. They want me to come in on Tuesday at 9 am for a test. I would like to say that the job is mine, but who really knows.

Also, Nika's cold got really bad this Friday. For most of the week she has had a cold, but Friday she woke up with a fever and stayed home that morning. She was ok in time to be taken to school for her afternoon exam. We thought that she had missed the exam that was set for that morning, but it turned out that they had taken that exam the day before for some reason. Either which way, Nika did not miss any of her exams after all.

Since Friday I've been practicing my touch-typing. I'm learning again where the x and the z keys are, and hitting them with the right finger. I'm hoping this helps with my "test" that I have to take at Reeds. In the newspaper they asked for someone who could type at least 25 wpm. I haven't been that low since I left high school. As of my last try I was 41 wpm with 95 % error free. Not bad. 45 wpm would be better for me. So I'm practicing.

Friday night little Ray called Jhodie to have a look on his new little girl. *another story that I know just about nothing about*

Well Jhodie went around 6pm I think. She didn't get back until 10:30pm. The baby had a fever, and a bit of a cold I think, and being all of 2 weeks or so old, the mother *I don't know her name* gave her some paramal. It's the child's version of an adult medicine, but most of us down here don't give babies anything outside of the hospital or clinic. Either which way, they went to the hospital because the mother had already called someone there and they were considered that she had given the baby something, and as always, they took forever once they got there.

Other than that, the mother didn't know a thing. We don't have *how to be a mommy* classes down here. So Jhodie had a few little chats with her. Oh, the fever came from a shot the baby got the day before. They didn't tell her that the baby might get a fever. I thought that they were suppose to tell you this? Guess I was wrong.

Oh, about the paramal, she only gave the baby a drop, and she was fine after a cold bath. She was fine before they went to the hospital, but they got a shot to keep the fever from coming back by a nurse there.

That night Lynn said that she was going to bring over her computer for me to work on it while she waited for a new monitor, but Saturday morning and Lynn came but no computer. She missed the first trip of the ferry that morning that she had a ride for. Now come the second ferry trip, she couldn't get a ride, so the computer stayed at home. She stopped off here and got her Raspberry Vinaigrette, and left something for uncle Ray with out telling me that she was leaving it. I just saw it sitting in the couch after she left. And as she was leaving, Jhodie came home. She went out fishing that morning. I would consider it a waste of time since she didn't catch anything, but I'm sure she wouldn't say that.

We did a little washing, Jhodie did some gardening, we all nipped at food for the whole day. The closest to a meal any of us got was Nika. First it was a grilled cheese sandwich for breakfast, then another sandwich for lunch or was it dinner. I asked her if she wanted any saltfish, but nope, so she got bread with cream cheese instead. Oh, I did have breakfast. Just remembered. It was a small bowl of cereal.

Also, my lovely ankle won't stop hurting me. I'v been thinking. If I do get this job, then I could walk it into town each day after work to help me loose some weight. But it's going to be heard if my ankle keeps bugging me. Then there is going to work for Ayo once the media center thing comes through. Go from entering data and such to running a media center. Another shift in gears for me. Can I, and will I do it? Is what I've been asking myself.

I think that I'm just about ok to go to bed now. I'll go spell check this and such so I get to bed before 4am.

See ya.

Night or Morning G.

Oh, I also decided not to send and e-mail out to friends until I get a new job, so when I tell them know that I have been fired, I would have something good to add with it. It was a good thing that Allen came and saw me when he did. A week or so later and I wouldn't have been there. It was nice to see him again. I'm going to like seeing my friends when I get back to the US.
 
Ok… leaving now.

No comments:

Post a Comment