June 26, 2006

Just A Little Late

That goes for everyone and not just me.
 
Hi ya.
 
Since the last time I wrote, we have had two black outs. The first one was on Friday afternoon, and that lasted unitl 9:30pm the next day. Most people were told that the power was going to be back at 4pm. We didn't beleive it so I went down to see how far along they were with the repairs myself.
 
It was a lighting strick that took out the genarator or relay or what every it was for the grid that we were on. It was the whole of town or anything close to that. Just a few "villages" and schools and shops and such.
 
That Saturday I went into town with Nika to get lunch. She wanted KFC and was willing to spend her own money on it. Since it was Saturday, there was a very long line. If the door could have been kepth open it would have reached half way down the block. It's a small place. The line only have to have about 25 people in the line for the last person to have their back against the door. Then after waiting in the line for a while we had to wait again for Jhodie's order. They didn't have what she wanted, but the lady at the counter said that some would be out in 10 mins, so I said that we would wait. I know it took longer, but I can't really say how much longer. I can say that it felt like I was waiting for about 30 mins, but it could have just been 15. I need a watch to tell time. *grin*
 
Oh. I haven't gotten around to telling you about Tuesday and Reed's Data Entrey.
 
Well I got there on time. Way on time. I was very early, and had to wake myself up a few times while I waited for my test. Then it was me and another lady that was waiting with me who took the same test with me. We were taken over to two computers on the other side of the room that was kind sectioned off, and we were given a run through of what the test(s) was. We weren't timed as to how fast we typed anything. Mostly it was too see if you find errors, look for certen things, ues Excel, search the internet, repeat somethings, solve some intresting problems, then lastly express yourself. The whole thing was an hour and a half long. I thought that I was doing well, until the lady came back and said that we had five mins left. I was happy I was last part, but I didn't really get to review most of what I did. Darn!
 
They said that based on how well we did, we would be called back for an interview. Since I haven't heard anything back from them and it will be a week come tomorrow, I guess I made more mistakes than I thought. :(
 
Today we had the other power outage. We were expecting it, but not at any particulare time. The outside job of connecting the "station" back to the grin was a pach job that we knew that they would have to come back and fix later. Power was only out for about 2 and half hours this time.
 
I'm more worried about my pension. I still haven't gotten it, and it shopping time. The shelves are starting to look very bare and I still have a few bills to pay. I'm wondering if I could ask Ayo for the money and pay him back out of my penson when I get it. I was only thinking of asking for $300 EC. It won't pay off much, but It will keep a few things from being turned off.
 
Anyway. I also have Lynn's computer to play with in my spear time. Her monitor broke, so I was given it work out the kinks and such. It seems like I will have to reinstall it. I'll just use it for a bit while I try to get a copy of winxp to reinstall.
 
So that it's it. Oh. Nika was out sick for all of last week, Thursday was the other cricket holiday, and today Nika brought back her test papers. She did very well.
 
Got to go.


=======================

http://jhoye.blogspot.com


- There I share my life.

- There I have links to what use to be my life.

- There you can find out what I might want out of life.


Yahoo! Messenger with Voice. Make PC-to-Phone Calls to the US (and 30+ countries) for 2¢/min or less.

No comments:

Post a Comment