May 11, 2008

New Laptop

Hey.

No, I didn't get one. My sister did. Phillys.

She just had to get a new one, and she semi talked "gateway" in getting it to her by or before her birthday which is tomorrow. She's four years younger than me. That's all I'm saying.

Well after alot of hassle she got it yesterday. She was having problems with her bank when she first sent for the laptop. She tried to buy two, but they thought that some had gotten a hold of her card since she tried to buy two laptops at the same time. The next one was to be sent to our uncle back home. She had "promised" to send him one years ago. She had gotten one a few years back, then promptly broke the screen. So now she thought that she could send and get it fixed and finally send it down, but the price to fix it went up to $600. We don't know why, but we knew that at that price, we could just get him a new one. So she tried.

After they deactivated her card and stopped the payments, she called them up and tried to explain what was going on. She thought when she hung up the phone that she had gotten the use of her card back, and that she had also canceled the order/payment for the second laptop. She decided to get him a cheaper one than the tricked out one she was going to get. So I went looking for one over at Tigerdirect.com. I then tried to pay for said laptop, to find that I couldn't use her card.

Personally I do not really believe that it was re-activated, but I did see that her bank paid gateway for two laptops. Which is odd, since she only ordered one. The poor person who got her phone call at costumer help. Well, after that, I'm not sure what happened, but I do know that when she gets the money back, I will be told and I may still be sent to get the laptop for him.

But the bad vibes don't end there. She was called once on Friday and once on Saturday by fedex to let her know that her package was here, but they didn't have a apt # to send it to. So she went to pick it up.

She got there and they gave her a laptop slim bag. Where was the laptop? She was told something weighting 3lbs was here for her. This was no where near 3lbs. The lady there said that there was nothing else for her. She told her to check. She just said that there was nothing else for her. I was told she didn't check her computer to make sure. So she leaves and was on the bus back home when they called her and told her that her package was waiting for pick up. It's at this point that she called home and ranted to Jhodie and asked for her tracking number. I think. I wasn't feeling good at this point and went back in my bed to lay down. I had tried to eat cheetos and apple sauce and I felt that the cheetos didn't like the idea or me. But there was a phone call or two, and one contained the tracking number or numbers. For some reason there were two.

I woke up with Phillys putting her new, big, enclosed laptop shipping box on my back. She wanted me to wake up. She needed me to set up her laptop. Connect it the network, add the printer, moved her files over from the other laptop, and uninstall un-need things and put a few things in and update the whole lot.

I am looking at windows Vista here. I hadn't touched that OS since I tried out for the job at Horsford back home. But it wasn't so bad. I had time to really look  at things and understand how it worked. The thing that took the longest was moving her movies and music over. The network kept failing, or it would be ok, but we would loose Internet and I would have have to unplug and plug the router. So who ever was trying to use the Internet would have to wait until I had finished moving over the set of files I had going at the time before they got Internet back.

I like it. It's red, and it has interesting controls. Ofcourse it's fast, the proof that it's new, but I'm sure being dual core helps. Other than my little bit in helping to set it up for her to use, no one is really suppose to touch it. It has one profile and it's password protected. Fine.

My bother came by last night to tell Jhodie and mom happy mother's day because he was shipping out today. He was by late, so mom didn't get much sleep before she had to get up go to work this morning.

Other than watching my sister explode, I'm made a new friendship with a fan fiction writer. I'm even helping her with one of her stories. She's nice.

Well, I'm off to check a few things and trying not to eat a full meal today. Phillys wanted to go out to eat, but between the time that Jhodie gets off work and when mom has to leave for work, there wasn't much time to really go out, so we are eating in. Jhodie and Phillys are going to pick up the orders from BBQ's. I almost stopped myself from getting the tempura again, but it didn't happen, but I got a spinach salad and a turkey burger to go along with it.

Well see. :) I have to go see about some stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment