March 11, 2017

Back and a lot of updates.

But I won't be able to go into all now. So perhaps highlights? :) I also have a question, but I know no will answer me so I'm just going to share a problem I'm currently having at the end of this.

Firstly, my sister and her glasses come to a head or end today. Saturday. She went back last week like I told you and they found out that the axis was off. It was the right prescription but the axis, or where your eyes should be looking through the lens was off. So today she goes to pick them up. And I'm going with her to go to the movies afterwards. :D

Two, upstairs is moving back to Brooklyn today. Yep. She told me on Thursday. Two weeks notice my foot. But in all honesty, she did tell me a week or so back, but she also hedged it like it might not happen. Well, it's happening now. She gave the landlord notice. She signed the papers at her new place. And today she was suppose to be changing the girl's school. Just when she wasn't a bother to me anymore and was starting to pay attention. I hope she keeps it up. Today might be last time I see her for a long time.

Three, my brother and his friend showed up at 2am Friday morning. :) They will be here for 3 nights. 2 down 1 to go. It was also on short notice and still not exactly. Last month he told my sister that he was coming down this month, around the 23rd if he got permission for the weekend. She said "Sure, just let us know when you are coming, if you are coming." He said fine. So he calls her when he's in Brooklyn getting ready to come over to NJ. His friend is cute and tall, but he smokes. Oh, they are here for a Magic The Gathering Tournament here in NJ.

Four, I found myself in a story and I'm already 6 chapters in because I have made myself write a chapter almost every day. All of them over 1100 words. :) This is where my problem comes up. I wanted to know how sailors/captains knew when a storm might be coming when they still had decent weather. Oddly it just hit me that they would be out there and see the storm coming, but I feel like still using some of what I found since I spent so much time looking this up. I was originally looking for some kind of sailor's almanac, but I couldn't find one and that lead me to Weather Glass and Storm Glass. Pics below respectfully.




I've seen the last one, the storm glass, in tubes and I'm thinking of using this one since no one knows how long it has been in use, but it created it to the captain of the USS Beagle. The ship that Darwin was on when it mapped the coastline of South America and had that 'breakthrough' on the Galapagos Islands. :) His name is Fitzroy. So you may find examples of storm glass with the name Fitzroy's Storm Glass. But he didn't make it, he popularized it in two ways. One, he wrote down what happen to in certain conditions, like you see above, but in pics, and then he started weather forecasting in Great Britain.

I'll double check those facts for you and confirm them in my next post.

So yeah, and interesting set of days. :) And I haven't even talked about the onion that I found growing in the bag and is now trying to grow hydroponically because when I found it, the temp outside was 60, but the next day it was 23 and snowing. A good real inch or more. :)

Oh, and I may be handing out my resume while I'm at the mall today. I saw a few 'We Are Hiring' signs when I was there last time. I'm almost positive that any resume that I may try to hand in will be given back to me with the words, "Please Apply On Line". I will try because I should start trying again.

So I'm going to try and write past 1000 words before I go to sleep and it's already 5:02 am.

Later. 

No comments:

Post a Comment