March 24, 2017

I have a ... job?

Yeah. I had two interviews with the same place and I was already told that I had a job after the first one. The second one was to see if I wanted a management position that they had open. Of course, I said yes. Better to try at something and fail than not to try right?

So why didn't I say something before? I didn't wany to say something and then have to take it back. It's not like I've had that great of a record of getting work that I applied for. I'll be working for Tommy Hilfiger at the Jersy Garden Mall by the way. My orientation is Friday at 5 pm.

I haven't been nervous in a long time, so when I was asked if I dealt with stress well, I said yes, but now I feel like it was almost a lie. It doesn't help that this all started on the same day as my cycle. Now I have a headache and all those other nauseous feelings are there too. How much is from being nervous? Half? Maybe?

Breathe... I'm telling myself to breathe. Even if I mess up or don't get the management position, I still get a floor job. The only part of that I'm not interested in is making sure people aren't stealing things. I'm not liking have to learn about fashion, but at least it's contained to just what is sold in the store.

I'm learning how to get there by bus, but the fact that one driver drove past me making me late for my second interview doesn't endear me to the #40 bus at the moment. I was stuck outside in the cold for over an hour and over two hours when combined with the long wait I had to catch the #107 to that stop to begin with. It was like 32 degrees and windy.

I managed to pry my cold fingers apart to call and let them know what happened and somehow I got there without anyone being upset with me and kinda finding out that the person who we were having the meeting with was busy himself until just after I got there. But I still apologized to the other person who was there for the same interview as I, since I first thought that they were made to wait for me to show up.

BTW, we weren't there for the same job. We had a combined interview because he didn't have enough time to have two interviews.

I had my second interview the day after I had my first one. That first interview was a group interview also, but it was widdled down from about 13 to 10 to 9 people I think. And get this. About 5 of us that remained were under 18. This was pointed out in my second interview, that a good deal of their staff is currently made up of teenagers.

Some of what was said did calm down some of my nervousness as in, "I get that bit," it's not going to be all new to me and there will be training. I asked that question. I said I didn't want to be set up to fail. So in the end, he once again assured us that we had a job there either way and thanked us for showing up.

I then went to see a movie. I wanted to see Kong because my sister didn't want to see it with me, but the time was off. The only one that was going to start playing then, was Logan. Such a sad movie. My only great takeaway is that we really get to see him use his claws to kill people.

I then took the #40 bus all the way to Penn Station to get bus tickets so I could go back when they called to tell me about the orientation, which I got when I got off the bus. As you already know, it's today. Friday at 5 pm. We don't have a uniform, but we do have a dress code. I may end up buying some tights to wear under my one or two pairs of paints that match what they want us to wear. They said that you could wear jeans, but wouldn't you know it, I don't own any? I have a jean skirt that I've had for like 12 years. :) No jean pants here.

So I'm wearing my black slacks. I should have another one in my wardrobe, but for some reason, I think it needs a button and I need tights or stockings under that to keep my thighs from bunching up the inside of the pants. I know, loose weight. But everyone says I have and I when I try to do more, my back starts to act up again.

Anyway. By the time I make it home on Wednesday, I'm just about done cooking with my sister walks into the house and we had baking to do because she was hired to cater for a birthday party this Saturday. Now due to the orientation, I may not be of much help to her. I was told that we were going to put in a few hours of work on the floor too so I may not get home until after 11 pm for all I know. They close at 9 pm every day but Sunday when the whole place closes at 7 pm.

Well, I should get out of this now. It's 3 am now. I spent some time redesigning my Jem's Pages blog. I was told when I logged in that they, Blogger, had some new themes. I hadn't touched my layout there for a while, so I tried out a few. I didn't like them in the end and used a simpler and older template that I modded.

So that's it. Not as detailed as I would have liked, but I don't want to sit here typing up for the next hour or two.

So, I'll let you how the orientation goes. At least it will be about 10 degrees warmer when I'll be going out.

Take care people. Later. 

No comments:

Post a Comment