March 14, 2021

Cold, then warm, then cold again and now 6 am shifts

 30 degrees one day, 60 degrees the next, then back down. The weather is all over the place. But now I think it's settling back down in colder temps. 

This week coming I work five days straight and I get the weekend off. Which isn't normal for this job. 

It's live floor set this week. So that ball of fun is back. Once again things are a little different with how we are doing it. The store has been in turmoil as we do what they want us to do to the store before they show up. I guess they think that since we don't have that many customers we have all this time on our hands to do all these things. For one or two days that is true. 

But we still have customers and taking care of them, what they have for us to do, and with only 6 or so people to run the store with, is not easy. 

One day I was pulled in 4 direction at once all day. Well, more than one day really. 

This week is going to build on the last one. Since I'm working with them, my hours are now as odd as the temps. Tomorrow are my normal hours. Then on Tuesday and Wednesday I have to be there at 6am. Which means an Uber to get to work. Then the next day I'm staying till 9pm. Another Uber so I can get to home at a decent time. I think my Friday is normal. Yes it is. Even a little short by an hour or two. I just have to know that I'm closing that night. 

In other news...

My dental implant doc has had a turn in his health, so even though I have the time this weekend to see him, I don't know if it's going to happen. The other dentist hasn't called back with an appointment date. I don't really think he will just because my free insurance doesn't care to fix what is wrong with my teeth. They might have if I was under 18. But once you are over 18, anything other than a cleaning, a normal filling and an extraction and x-rays won't be covered. 

It's almost 10 pm now. I'll have to go to sleep soon. I'll read myself to sleep. It's great. I'm reading again. I was stuck in one of two games for weeks now, but now that I've finished writing my little stories for a bit, I've gotten back to reading something that I didn't write. 

Once again, I feel like I'm reading faster than I use to, or the stories have gotten shorter over time. I felt like the last one I read was over too quickly. 


Thinking ahead, at least I'll be able to wear what I want those three days I get an Uber. I'll ask to make sure before I show up in something that isn't dress code and get called out for it. 

Currently my sister is behind me frosting some cupcakes to take to work tomorrow. I am not allowed to leave the room until she's done. Which she would have been, if she started yesterday like she was suppose to instead of today after 3. I'm giving it until 11:30 before bailing on her. 

I have to figure out what to eat tomorrow. For lunch that is. Not that I have anything slated for breakfast either. I was suppose to buy some cereal yesterday, but the one store I stopped at, only had one, and it wasn't what I wanted, so I didn't buy it. Now I wish I had. 

I guess I could have another soup. I've been eating a lot of soup lately. For more than one reason. I could do it again. And have some egg salad on some naan bread for breakfast. Why do they call it egg salad? It's more like egg Pâté or spread depending on how smooth you make it. 

Well that's it. Night. 

No comments:

Post a Comment