March 18, 2021

Just To Get To Work On Time....

 On Monday I didn't get to work on time because I had to go back home to turn off my stove. I was boiling some eggs. When I turned off the stove the first time, I didn't think they were ready and put them back on while I finished getting dressed. Then I left the house. Almost and hour later. Then I'm up the street waiting for the next bus, because I missed the one by a few mins. I waited and waited and shivered and waited. 

I had like two minutes left to go when I remembered the stove and had to walk back home. I didn't think the house would have burned down, but I could imagine the alarm going off. The black smoke filling the apartment. The people upstairs freaking out. And what did I find when I got back to my kitchen? Two eggs happily boiling away still mostly covered by water. I was taking the eggs with me for lunch along with the last of the white rice I had. Then I'm thinking I'm screwed. I might as well just get and Uber. 

$57 to get me from my house to work. Heck no. I'll get one from Journal Square. $36 from there. Not happening. I got on the 9:40 bus and called my job right away. I started to talk with one of my managers an the call was dropped. What? Ok. I sent her a text explaining that I was going to be late by about 15-20 mins because I had left my stove on and had to go back home. 

At about 1 minute to 10 my other manager texted me to ask if I was running late. I told her what happened and that I tried to call the store and that I sent a text to other manager that I got a hold of. She said ok. The other manager didn't check her phone or didn't see my texts until after I got there. Which is fine. I didn't get in trouble. 

On Tuesday. The first of my two 6am shifts. I didn't schedule an Uber because I wasn't sure what time I would be ready, but I was doing good for time by the time I was putting on my socks even if I only 4-ish hours of sleep because I miscalculated a few things. Either way I was ready and tried to get and Uber for about 15 minutes and then had to wait another 15 before it got to me. So once again I was late. This time I sent screen shots of how long I had to wait for the Uber to show that I wasn't late myself.

Then there was today. Wednesday. 

I made it work on time, but clocked in about 2 mins after the hour by the time I made it time keeper. Kronos. Yes, we punch in and out. I get paid by the hour. 

And how did I make it on time today. This time I went to bed early. This time I did schedule the Uber for 5:25. But they didn't notify me when he got there. Because when I went to check the app, I saw that he was already outside while I was there sitting and waiting for him for 5 mins. He then says that Uber had him out there waiting for me since 5:11. Very, very odd. Then as I'm leaving, I get a text from one of my managers saying that a few things have changed and we, the two of us who were coming in for 6, didn't have to be there until 6:30. 

Great.

The other person didn't even see the text until she go work. So we started at 6 anyway. 

Tomorrow I have to be at work for 2pm. I'll be there until 9pm. Maybe. Times keep changing and stuff. 

So I'm off to bed now. 

Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment