January 31, 2006

Sweet and Sour

Hi ya.

It's the end of my two days off.

Tomorrow I have to get up early to wash my hair for work.

Let's see. My day was filled with staying in bed late because I stayed up late. Then I came out to eat breakfast and saw that Jhodie had turned the house almost completely upside down looking for her pliers. “A mess” doesn't really come close to what I saw.

They came by yesterday, the gas people, and you know they said that the gas tank had gas in it. But come breakfast time today, she couldn't boil water with the flame she had. So she tried herself to see what was wrong. Hence the "mess".

She once again found nothing wrong, and once again thinking that something is wrong with the tank, but this time she is going to have someone come look at the stove to rule it out.

She also wants to put up some shelves tomorrow to move some of the stuff that is now blocking most of the flow in this part of the house. I folded up the clean cloths that were in the love seat and put up most of them. I cleared out the couch and the love seat so there would be space for us to sit when Nika came home, and for when Jhodie got home from work.

I also finally sat down and watched the two anime movies from the last Thursday of January. The first one was like hours long. Nothing really "exciting" happened until the end, but it was a very nice movie. The second one I'm downloading now. It didn't fit onto what was left of the tape after the first movie and like 10 ads. It cut in less then half way though the movie.

I had to get the chicken wings ready for dinner. I hurt my hand cutting them up at the joints. Jhodie made sweet and sour chicken, to go with the rice from yesterday that I heated up.

Nika fell asleep like 15 mins after she got home from school. I asked her to change her clothes after she did her homework. She slid down the couch for some reason, and by the time I turned around again to tell her change her clothes again, she was asleep on the floor. I picked her up and put her on the couch and took off her sock and shoes.

Since the stove and or gas wasn’t currently working, we were going to use all the electric cooking things we got. At least that was the impression that Jhodie gave me this morning before she went to work. But when she came back she scaled back on what she was going to cook and just did the chicken. Yesterday we learned that if you turn off he gas then turn it back on a while later it comes on at full/normal strength and you can cook. So I went out side and turned it off, then went back out there like 30 or 40 mins later to turn it back on again for the end part of making the sweet and sour chicken.

Dinner was good. Everyone is still awake. I'm not sure why Jhodie is up, but Nika took a while to wake up from her nap so I know that isn't tried yet. I've been fighting sleep off and on for a while. I want to be asleep at 1am, but that would mean going to bed at 12, but I'm not sure. I want to, but want to watch tv and maybe catch Inyuasha, but that doesn't come on until 1:30am our time, which I can't do if I want to wake up to wash my hair.

Oh, the good news of the day.

The dean's wife finally wrote me about building her site for her. She wrote a book about this pig that lives at turtle beach. It's a children's book so it has to be at least slightly fun looking. I have an idea for the site already. She has all the information for the site, so I don't think this will take very long unless I run into some unseen things. I really hope I do this right.

I also have to get in contact with the teacher that I made the site for to do it all back over again. Now that I think of it, I should have gotten her to change the password. Now that makes me feel odd and make think about changing the passwords for my two yahoo accounts.

Well it's 11:59 and Jhodie and Nika have now fallen asleep. I just put Nika in her bed and Jhodie is walking off to hers.

Ok... time to spell check this thing and turn back on BitSpirit. The bandwidth down here bites so much that I run that program and surf at the same time.

See ya.

No comments:

Post a Comment