April 16, 2006

I Found Some DisplayAvatars for MSN, Yahoo, Aim for You.

► DisplayAvatars - Fresh msn, yahoo, aim display pictures and avatars - Free avatars

Hello.

I'm just doing my part to make the internet world a better look place.

Well last night was the first of my week alone.

Jhodie is spending a week in Nevis with Nika at Lynn's place. Let's see if she can make it a week.

Most of my week will trying to clean up the place. It is such a mess. I'm going to have to wash some dishes just to eat something tonight.

For dinner last night and to have something to eat when I got out of bed today, it was couscous and corned beef with green sweet peas. It sounds nice now, and it tasted fine once I got it done. But first I had to melt a bowl in the microwave. *grin*.... and right after my mother called and heard the story how I messed up the stove top. I just read on part one. I saw 4 and thought it was 4 cups, not 4 1/2 cups. So I made a lot of stuffing.

Nothing much going on other wise... I guess I should mention Saturday.

I was suppose to go with Jhodie to the seventh semester sale, but I didn't want to, and she asked Nika and she said that she didn't want to go so we were left home while Jhodie went Lynn. About 40 mins later Nika comes in saying she misses Mommy. Great! I should have laid there and tell her that she will be back in 4 or so hours. But noooo... I had to drag my somewhat sick body out of bed, get dressed, catch a bus, got it take us all the way over there, pay $5, to meet up with my sister.

We left the house after the rain that had sent most of the student running for their lives I was told when I got there. I stood for a while thinking of while I was there, then saw one of few friends and just leaned on his car with him until my uncle came over and said he could take me home now.

Two hours or so later they came home, and woke me up. Well Lynn did anyway twice. She wanted me to test out a printer and a router that she got at the sale. Then Nika walked in to show me her clown hair that Jhodie got her.

Then at 1pm I got up to have a look at the stuff Lynn bugged me about. The router was ok. Reset it and just went though the wizard once I tracked down the IP for it. Then I tried to work with the printer. I knew the printer. A teacher had asked the student to bring it in to school so he could print off some pics.... ????

Either which way. I knew that the model itself was a good printer, and I expected it to just work fine. The install stall went by ok. But when it came to printing, we had a small glitch. It pulled a number of pages at once. Nothing I tried could stop it not that I had much to try. That is normally a hard ware issue and with an issue like that it would mean a replacement part, and I can't do that. I'm hoping that it will settle down once she puts in a clean fresh stack of paper. I just had a few old ones to test it with. Jhodie will tell me when she gets back.

Did I tell you that my mother sent me a cell phone the other day? Yep, along with some money for each of us. I got $40, the same as Jhodie and Nika got $10. Along with all of this was some papers that Jhodie had to sign and mail off to immigrations. She waited to long now we have to wait until Tuesday, and it looks like I will have to find them and mail them. She didn't take them with her to Nevis, and I don't know where they are and considering the state the house is in, I may not find it until Tuesday.

I won't get another ep of Bleach until the 2nd of May they tell me. It's and ongoing show in Japan, and they are on vacation right now or something. Sounds like Easter to me, but I hope it's at least called something else over there.

http://www.inethouse.net/user/centurion/2006/04/15/
windows_xp_hacks_amp_mods_for_dummies/

Here is a book that I got last night and started reading today. If you find that you really like it, buy it. And if you have to printed version it may be cheaper to buy a copy then to print it considering how much ink cost.

I love how this guy explains stuff, but I seem to know a few of what he's talking about, so I'm just skipping along so far.

Her's a part out of book that I so agree with.

Change the wallpaper
What, you’re still staring at that DELL logo? Sheesh. Kinda low bandwidth, ain’t ya? Seriously, there’s no reason in the world to keep the Windows desktop background picture (commonly called wallpaper) that you got when you bought your PC. You can download hundreds of thousands of different specially designed pictures by using Google to search for “free Windows wallpaper.” Or better yet, you can stick your favorite photo or other picture file on the desktop.

It’s remarkably easy:
1. Navigate to the photo or picture that you want to put on the desktop. You might choose Start➪My Pictures or you might download a picture from the Internet.
2. Right-click the picture and choose Set As Desktop Background. Windows puts the picture on the desktop.


That last part I didn't know, but I bug everyone about changing or just getting a wallpaper.

I don't right click on pictures to begin with, and since I've worked myself up from 95, I've always done it from display settings. That is nice to know. It's better then the browse button. *grin*

Ok, I've got to figure out a printing issue that I have with some files.

See ya.

No comments:

Post a Comment