December 17, 2006

There was a Dinner

Clear Harbor had a Christmas dinner last night, and I was very early.

Me along with the boss were there for over an hour by our selfs. Well I was by myself, and she was hanging out with the people who worked there. They are all friends it seems.

The table I choose ended up mostly being Career Builders mostly. But we were ok, and I was able to get some answers to some questions. The over all dress for the night was mixed. Some girls came all dressed to the Nine. Some were a bit less shiny like me, and others came in jeans, but not many. Four or so. All the guys were a let down, but then when and why would a guy down here get a black suit? The head of the company showed up in light attire also. He's excuse was that his suitcase was in San Juan. Along with some of the gifts he got for some of the winners. We had winners for employee of the year and a few other titles. They got nice little gifts. The owner of the company made things sound different from how the lady that run the place made it seem. He thanked us for our hard work to help us prove that his idea was a good one, and we had nice dinner, and some people stayed to dance when it was over. I had shows to watch and everything already started late for me, so I got a lift home.

We expected to find Lynn here, the girls wanted to see her, but she had already left. She said that she was going to come by for the bracelet because she wanted to wear it out that night, but she didn't came. I only ended up seeing one of the two shows I wanted to see.

I tried tracking down the other one, but I can't find it. I guess the ad on the tv was just to make you feel bad that you couldn't see it. Or I got the date mixed up, or we didn't have the right pbs channel for it.

I helped with making lunch/dinner today. Yesterday I went to make lunch, and I thought about making enough for at least me, Lynn and Xhaion but she didn't have enough rice. It was more or less cabbage rice, that had stir fried carrots, onions and alot of garlic and then mixed it all together. It was really garlic like I wanted it, and the carrots were still hard. I didn't want to cook them too much, and the little bit of salt that I use was enough. It came out quite well. Today I tried to do it again on a bigger scale. Not as good as the first time, but not bad. It needed more garlic, and I wish I had some more carrots. It went well with the scalloped potatoes that Lynn made. I wasn't too keen on the meat part of the meal. It was fine with me up until she put spaghetti sauce in. I looked at her as she put it in thinking, "What on earth are you doing?!?!?" Now it was sweetish. But the guy that came for his share like all of it. He took her to town and brought her back from shopping and even helped pay for some of it, so he got a meal out of it. Oh, that was while I was cooking the day before. Considering how much food cost in the place, if he gaver her less than $30 then he got his money worth. She even made something for him to drink.

Well I have to go to bed now, or at least try to. I have to iron my skirt for work tomorrow.

I just talked with my mom. She is trying to get my plane fare from someone else because Delma can't do it. I'm about ready to ask G, but I don't know if he will lend me the money. Granted he gets to see me in 5 months if he does, but the most I've ever asked him for was an e-mail and $50 EC. I'll see come Monday night.

Well, it's late on my end. It's now 9:54 pm. This is the second time I've been in Nevis for a Sunday night before work. It feels odd.

Well take care everyone. Be safe, and have fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment