February 02, 2008

Dan Van Malsen : photos : Hirshorn Modern Art Gallery in DC- powered by SmugMug

Entries for an art contest at the Hirshorn Modern Art Gallery in DC. The rule was that the artist could use only one sheet of paper.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Dan Van Malsen : photos : Hirshorn Modern Art Gallery in DC- powered by SmugMug

This one is also brought to you by my friend Misty. She sent me a bunch of pictures, and today I decided to see if there was a proper site for them. I was first just going to make my own gallery for them, then I thought about seeing if anyone had already done it for me. *grin*

Today I'm not going into the office for a number of reasons. One of them being that this is going to be my last weekend being free.

I got the results of my state exam. I passed. I sent out text messages when I found out, and the next day I stayed for the whole day up until 8pm. Went out with a agent who I helped to get ready for the appointment by looking for apartments and calling out for keys, and we were out for about 4 hours showing 2 places. Then when I got back I helped a listing agent call land lords about new listings for an hour and half. I then got the pictures that I took on the appointment with the first agent to someone who could post them along with the listing that didn't have any pictures in the data base.

It's amazing how you can be so happy about something then have someone bring you down. This is another reason why I didn't go in today. Yesterday I was upstairs at work helping the first agent by calling some land lords to find out about getting a key to see an apartment and I was paged to come down stairs. Ok. I dropped everything and went. I was then pulled into a room to go over something that I had already done. And it wasn't like I was doing it with the same people over again to just say it was a bush up of something. No. I was with new people. I'm thinking that I had already done this. Why was I here? But fine, he wants me to go though this again. I'll just sit here and go though this again. It's not like I could say that I remembered everything he said that day. Then he was pulled out for something. They get pulled every where, every time. I was there less then 2 mins when he was pulled out, so I was still feeling like I shouldn't be here upstairs, but thinking of going along with it non the less. One of the girls in there was a new friend of mine, and she asked why I looked so "thrilled" to be there. I told her that I already did this.

Then he came back in as another girl said that I should tell him since they are so busy and might have forgotten. I wasn't planning on saying anything, but he asked the girl what she was talking about, then asked me what I should tell him. I told him, and he got upset with me.

He said that this is the second time that this has happened. At first I hadn't a clue what he was talking about, but I started to feel bad. He said that he doesn't know what it was, if our personalities weren't matching or something else. Mostly I heard, you don't act like you want to be here. You don't do anything and I'm trying to include you in stuff and get you ready for when you get your licence. I told him that I was upstairs calling land lords for an agent when I was paged to come down there. I dropped everything to come. He then said to leave and go back to that, and even opened the door for me.

The before thing that he was talking about, was back on Wednesday when I was talking to that first girl about what the new cheer was that he came up with. It was in a morning group meeting and he asked everyone if they knew about the cheer. She didn't know and I was telling her, and I said that it would have been nicer if they took off this one piece. Then he once again asked me what was said. It's like he's picking on me. Then to my dismay, it mutated in front of my eyes. Before I knew it I was being asked if I was a lump on a log when everyone else was jumping around cheering? I had to clearly state that I wasn't opposed to the cheer, I would not have come up with, but I'm not against it. I would just have liked it if one word was taken out. I was still left as the girl who was against team work, because that is what the cheer was mostly for. To help promote teamwork.

I think I depressed myself again, but I'm still very proud of myself for passing the state exam.

Would going back on a personal promise be considered as giving up when you were disillusioned about what you getting into in the first place?

1 comment: