February 26, 2008

Just... more.

When I saw that I my last post was just pics, or at least mostly pics, I felt a little bad that the one I put up a few hours ago was also just pics. I haven't really talked about anything lately have I?

Most of what has been going though my head isn't meant for pleasant conversation, so on the other side of my brain I have managed to do a few things.

I looked up the FAFSA web site to see about getting that started.

Then last week Friday I went for my bone density test. I thought it was going to be a bit more than what really happened. I should have known better since it said on the paper radiology test. I should have known that they were just going to take x-rays of my bones. I waited between 30 mins to 45 mins before I went in, and it took about 3 mins to take all the x-rays.

I then thought that since I was so close, I would try and give blood that day too. Oh, I'm sure I haven't said this yet, since I haven't been saying much. But a week or so back I got a new blood donor card. It had 96 on it. It seems I have a rear blood. I have a unique blend of something in my blood, and on top of that, they are short in my blood type. O+ . I've been getting phone calls every week asking me to come by and give blood. I've been trying but my iron level isn't high enough for them.I've tried two other times to give blood before Friday. That Friday when I went by I was lower than normal, so they stuck me twice to check to see if it might some how change. It went up .01. That wasn't worth the prick.

At least I got the pics of the snow, and I got out of the house. I was very happy that I didn't fall on all the ice out there, but by the time I got home I was cold and my feet were wet. When I left the office and headed off to the blood place the falling snow had changed to rain, so before long there were small rivers and ponds on most corners.

I didn't really end up in any but the water was everywhere and found a way in.

About 3 or so days in a row now I've been up to see the sun rise and shine into my bedroom window. I don't want that to happen today also, but here I am.

Yesterday I helped Phillys take out this old dresser that she had that was falling apart. It was heavy, and we had to take it all the way out the sidewalk for pick up. Then she put her new smaller dresser together. I didn't really help much with that part. One, she didn't ask for any, and two, I tried looking for the powered screw driver for her, which I never found, and also, it looked like she wanted Nika to help her, so she could learn a few things. Nika went along with it for a while, then she started to complain about being hungry, but when I offered her something that she didn't want, she said no to it because it had vegetables in it or something. At this point, she no longer gets to choose. She eats what we give her, or she get nothings at all. It's not like we age giving her anything bad.

Jhodie had to force her to eat the chicken fry rice that she got for her, for her to then say, "Oh, I didn't think it would taste so good." That child. I know this sounds like nothing, but the girl is just getting too spoiled for her own good and is being rude too. We have to try and stop it now before it gets really, really bad.

I'm liking my hair again. I should have taken a pic of when I had my hair done the first time. I think that I lost some length after that. :(

But it's all light and bouncy again. I like how it feels. I keep moving my fingers thought it make sure that I still have hair there.

I've also been tinkering with a laptop that Phillys had in a box in her room. It's meant for my uncle back in St. Kitts, but the reason why he doesn't have it is because she broke the screen. It's about $350 to get it fixed. I only picked it up because mom was on this desktop, and Jhodie was using the laptop. It hadn't been touched in over a year I think. I had so much updates for it and a bit of uninstalling of expired software to do also.

It's a good laptop. Light, not much heat after it's been on a while, and for that I think I like it. The crack on the screen had gotten worst. It reached from one corner all the way to the other. So I had to move around the web page, and windows around to see when I was up dating and cleaning and such. Right now since I can't really see, I've come up with the idea of using it as "juke box". I've already moved over most of my music to it, and it sounded fine in the bathroom. I even found an extension cord to reach the bathroom from the closest socket in the kitchen. I'm happy with that.

Tomorrow I'm going out again. I have to drop off a few things at the salvation army. Phillys got ride of some of her stuff when she moved her clothes over to the new dresser. Then I've off to the Apple store in Manhattan. I already know the answer to the question my other sister in Canada wants me to ask, but I want to see the place too. Then I might be able to go and get my new Bally membership set up. I finally have everything in order and I just need my sister in law to do her part, then I can hang out there when I fell I should get out but don't want to wander around in this cold.

The Javits Center is having an Art expo this weekend coming. I'm thinking of going. I just have to find out how much it would cost me to show up. I saw $25 somewhere, but that may only be if I want to be in a class or something I think. I'll call them up and find out.

Well there you go. A real blog. Long time since I've pulled myself away from reading mangas like a chain smoker to really say anything. I'll leave what kind of mangas I've been reading for my other blog.

Good morning everyone. Hope you have a good or at least an interesting day.

No comments:

Post a Comment