April 13, 2008

Another Cooking Success.

Sorry, I didn't get a picture this time. I had the time, just not the thought at the time. We had a bit of left over KFC, and I thought about making a pasta chicken salad with some "greens" mixed in. It came out much better than I thought it would. Mother ate it after saying that she had issues with cucumber, and cleaned her plate. Issue with cucumber??!!??

The salad was made up of Whole wheat spiral pasta, pre cooked chicken, cucumber, radish, onion (what ever kind you like), sweet peas, cherry tomatoes, a salad mix of small leaves,  and mayo. You can use how much of any of that, that you want to your hearts content. I wished for a bit more tomatoes when I was eating it. I didn't have that much since I was working with what was left in the fridge. As for how much I used. It was one box of the pasta, thinly sliced cucumber. I used a whole one. Two thinly sliced radishes. One shallot also thinly sliced. One small can of sweet peas drained. Who would use the water in a salad? What else? Well the mayo is meant to be a thin coating, I used about 4 table spoons. Oh, the greens. That goes in last, and I put in a few hands fulls. Every spoon full should have some in it. Oh, and the cherry tomatoes. They can go in the same time as the greens to keep them from being mushed (mashed) up. Also, everything gets mixed together before you get to the last two. The pasta should be firm, not boiled flat. The chicken I used was cold, so it was the first thing I added to the paste once I drained it, to use the heat to to heat up the chicken and to help down the pasta at the same time.

Now that I think about it, you could use baby spinach instead of the mixed greens, but it's what we already had. Mom I think wanted salad, but didn't get that far with the box she got.

Well that was two days ago. Yesterday I was suppose to go and give blood and maybe get my hair touched up. I made it to the blood bus, but my pulse was  too fast. I almost ran the 7 blocks to get there in time, and I made it there in under 15 mins. I consider that to be very good time. I've never had my pulse checked before, and I would remember if they have, since it's the only time they touched me. I thought it was odd, but I didn't say anything until they asked me if I was anxious about giving blood. I waited for about 15 mins, but it never got below 100 so I didn't get to give blood after all. As for my iron count, it was way higher this time. Ofcourse. I did get a tee shirt for showing up, I didn't expect to get anything since I didn't get to give any blood. If I was able to give blood, I could or would have gotten some Mets tickets. I would have sold them for just under the going price if I had enough time. Oh well.

Today, Phillys says that she is going to be cooking a soup. She says that she cooks/eats soup when it starts to warm up. Go figure. Well she is doing something new. Coconut dumplings with turkey meatballs. I'll let you know how it turns out.

See ya.

No comments:

Post a Comment