April 05, 2017

It's Odd Part Time

I've been off for two days. One was of my own choosing. I was called yesterday and ask if I could come in that day, but I couldn't, so I said I couldn't. Then today I expected another call. I waited until about 4:30 before I went out for a walk and take some pics since I had none left to post.

My foot was still hurting me, so I didn't go far, but I found a new trail or two if not three to slowly wonder along before I came back home. I might have only been gone an hour, but I walked slowly, due to my foot.

I came home, took off my pics and checked something that I thought would tell me when I had work, but it didn't. I get that information from another program that I can't touch until tomorrow. I'm not even sure when tomorrow. I was just told not to try setting it up until Thursday.

But the first site did remind me that I'm a part time worker and then I remembered what one of the managers said in at the start of my Saturday shift. This new software that they are using to set up work hours for the staff has its own way of staffing the store and it would help us to get more hours of work if we able to be there for morning hours. I have my available hours set at 10 am to 10 pm.

It takes me two hours to get from home to there. I will have to be up an hour and a half before that to just get up, get ready, and get something to eat. So to be there for 10, I would have to wake up at 6:30. I can't get up much earlier than that and not consistently. Then I have to stand for all of my shift. Which doesn't bug me that much. I remember when I worked for Uncommon Goods. That did a number of my feet. I had to stand in one spot for 8 hours with an hour break for lunch I think. Then it was in the dead of winter and I had to walk uphill for like three long blocks after all that standing. I'm surprised my feet didn't bleed some days. It felt like they should have been.

But here and now, it's just my big toe on my left foot that feels odd and like it's trying to take the rest of my foot with it. It has this numb pain going on with it, I massaged it a lot yesterday and a little today, but I think I hurt my nail before I went for that walk. It feels a little better than before, but not normal.

I do like greeting at the store, but no one else does, so unless they are told to swap with me, it's me for the whole shift. That happened on Saturday and Sunday past. All the while I was still getting over my cold and coughing. Luckily, I didn't cough at anyone or that much, but the whole thing did a number on my throat. I was able to rest up my voice these two days.

Other odd bits related or not to work.

I have to wash or find a white shirt to wear to work on Sunday the 9th for a meeting. I'm expecting to get work that day and I possibly the next day. When I ask for work, I seem to get it so far. The guy that hired me wants to keep me, so if he's there I'm sure I'll get work and as far as I know, everyone has to come in for this meeting. It's mandatory.

On my way past a window on my walk today, I think I look a little smaller. So I may have lost some weight. Actually fat, water or muscle I don't know.

My bank account is down to $17 after paying our cell phone bill for the month. So that Jamba Juice that I got Monday before work is the last thing I'm paying for until I get paid this Friday. Time for me to start dusting off my saving skills again. I know, I've managed to save money all this time, but I haven't really put a dime towards my saving account, but I did stop myself from moving what I had there over to my checking account.

I'm thinking of canceling my Slacker Radio subscription because the app isn't working on my phone and that is why I have to pay for it. I have a Windows phone and for the app to work on my Windows phone I have to pay for it.

I think that's mostly it.

Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment