July 07, 2006

Job Hunting

Tuesday I went out to drop off my resume at a place I called the day before when I was checking to see if the HR departments of places I went to had already gotten them.

All but one had, but I got the same answer. There was nothing opened. I let one of them know that I would take a part time job because I needed a job. She said that she would make it known to the guy who did the hiring so he could ask around the company to see if any one could use anyone full or part time.

There was an opening at the place I dropped off my resume to that Tuesday, but I haven't heard anything back from them. I also took a copy over to the Labour (that is how it's spelt) department so that they could have it on file. The girl thought that I had given them one when I first showed up weeks back. I told her that she didn't. She didn't even look at it for as far as I know. She just sent me off to telemarketing thing. Someone else who hasn't called me back either.

On the good side, Jhodie is getting a new client at the end of the month, and I'm hoping that by then I’ll have a job too so I can pay for my bed and living room set. A friend of mine is willing to send me some money to help out. I might just put it down on that and the lights bill depending on how much it is. By mid month I will have to tell the company something if I'm still out of work.

I tried mopping this side of the house today, but Nika slowed me down. She's always for cleaning at the start or when she has nothing else to do, but give it like 10 mins and she's a dead weight. At least I got the living room done, and with them gone tomorrow, I'll be able to finish and get some dishes washed before my back goes out on me.

I was actually able to move the mop around without hurting my back like last time.

Lynn was a pain today. On Tuesday she shows up, to spend the day or something. She called the night before saying that she wants to take the computer back with her on Tuesday. So I stay up until 5 am getting ready for her. Then she doesn't take it. I ask her to at least check it out so it has she what wants before she leaves. I asked her twice and She doesn't even look at it. She even had me do her new boy's resume for him. Then when I ask her about the computer when she was leaving, she told me that she was going to get it on Saturday. Great. I lost downloads because of her. For some reason the bit torrent down loader that I installed on her computer seem a bit faster then the one on this computer, or at least I think it is. Either which way, I moved everything over here and I couldn't continue the download, and lost the files and I didn't have the link for where I got them from to try and do it again.

So this morning she calls and says that she is getting uncle Ray to come and get the computer to have it come over on the boat. Then uncle Ray calls to say that he was going to come over early to get it so he wouldn't have to come back this way to pick it up later. Great. I was downloading again and I had other stuff to move off. I was still up late with out trying to be, and I had to get up to get her computer ready and such even though she said she wasn't going to get it until Saturday. Well it was taking a while to move things over for some reason. So it took like 2 hours to move just under a gig of data, which is just wrong. So I undid the changes that I made to the settings for the NIC cards. First on my computer, and just that had the data moving like it should. A 276 meg file in like 30 seconds. So I had to do that for hers also. Deleted files and I ended up deciding to install a cd burning software.

But I left what I was downloading, downloading. I wasn't going to loose these files. They were so close to finishing. We had lost internet early that day or they might have already be finished. Either which way, after taking Nika to school late, which turned out not to be school but a play day, I went back to bed, then around 12 something uncle Ray shows up banging on my door. I told him that Lynn wanted to talk to him and that I had stuff to copy off of the computer. Once I told him that I had stuff to take off, he said forget it. She can get it later, and left. Then I went back to my room to see how the down loads were coming and she called to see if uncle Ray had picked it up. I told him he just left, and that I had told him to call her because she was trying to get him. She said that she didn't want to talk to him, and now her plans are ruined. She wanted it that night, now she can't get anyone to get to her house until Saturday. Then she hung up.

She keeps making plans without finding out stuff from us. She knew I was going to be using it until she got it back, but she keep saying she wants it and I drop everything for her then she leaves it. Well I'm sorry. She told me Saturday, and that is when she is going to get it. My down loads finished around 2:30 or so.

I'm not going to down load anything else on that computer. I'll just play the games, and let Nika play her Barbie Game on it, so when Saturday comes around, I just unplug and have it waiting for who ever is coming to get it.

Tonight I was walking all over the village trying to find some stuff for Jhodie to make some bread, but the stores were out of it or closed. I was out later then I thought.

Now it's bedtime at 1:23 am. I was just going to look for something on line then pack it in since I want to clean tomorrow.

Oh, I once again forgot to post my wallpapers on time. I remembered up until the day then I forgot until Tuesday. I posted them up tonight since I can't say that I can't do it because I was at work, or I was busy, or the set I wanted to post was on another computer either at home or at work.

Oh well.

Night.

No comments:

Post a Comment