July 13, 2006

While I Still Have Internet

Hi ya.

This has been something of an odd week.

M passed by the house and called for me. I was trying to sleep, so I thought that she was in my head and was one of the voices trying to keep me wake so I told it to be quite and beded down for sleep. She came back and called me on her cell to make sure that I was home. By this time I was asleep and was still mostly that as I stood at the top of my step looking down at her.

She wanted me to come by and look at her computer for her. I told her after Jhodie came home around 3 or so. Time came and I went over and while I was there power went. Power was out for us until Sunday night around 11pm.

Each night the power was out we went walking. The first night, Friday, I took Nika down the hill to see how far it went. All over was dotted, and we saw that the Tony's, the local large watering hole and slots place had a ganarator. Parts of town had power and parts didn't. They tried to connect us Saturday morning, and I think that is when something blew. Then Sunday night we ended up at our uncle's house whos power stayed when they turned it on Saturday. But T wasn't there for Nika to play with, and the rain helped us stay a bit longer. Jhodie asked uncle Ray for $10 to buy some ice for the fridge to try and keep what had from going bad. I wanted to stay and watch this movie that was on when we got there. The movie took a long time to finish. Uncle Ray was going to leave me watching the movie and told me just close the door when I was done. Then he came back out to wait for me. He was going to give me a ride home. I told him I was going to walk home. He didn't like that answer.

The place isn't so safe anymore. It has gone from just about nothing in way of crime to guys taking down guys because they aren't from that area. Dumb people. That left the rest of us trying not to get near such things, since they some how have guns now. This place was such a safe place to live I think.

Either which way, while I was waiting for the movie to finish, Jhodie calls to say that power is back. By this time it's around 11. Uncle Ray gave me a ride and said that he no longer has to lend me one of his lamps. He doesn't like the fact that we were using candles. It's a small fear for most people down here. I think it's because most of  us grew up in wood houses, and that fires are still very common.

Well the power didn't last that long for us.Around 1:30am a storm came in and it rocked us. Car alarms went off all over. Thunder rolled though clouds miles long over the house. I was very surprised that Nika didn't wake up. And just as my sister asked if it would take power out again the tv went black with the rest of the house. We lit a few candles and went to bed. By the time I woke up the next day we had power back.

Today we have another stom pass over us. I went over by M again to get something and drop off something, and the rain came down. I wouldn't have minded that much if I hadn't just opened all the windows in my room before I left. At least my bed wasn't soaking wet when I got home. I t was wet, but not as bad to say I would have to sleep on the couch tonight.

As for internet it has been on the flakey side. I think something gets turned off or on at the cable company that make is unuseable at night. This time I'm trying to beat it, and I might just win. *grin*

Other than that I might be getting a job in Nevis. One of the places I sent an online resume to called be back and had me fill out an on line form and sent me four job descripsions to see what job(s) I was intrested in so I could list the two that I would like to apply for.

Then I got a link to an online interview the next day. It said that it should take about 20 mins. It took me 4 hours. Well it felt like 4 hours. It might have only been 3. The last hour or so was spent trying to find back pay slips and trying to figure out how much I was paid for the last 4 years.

Also, while I stuck over at M's today, I got a call back. She wants to set up and day and time for me to come over to Nevis to take a typing test and for another interview and then we'll see if I get a job. The date that was open for her was Thursday at 2:30. I'm guessing that by that time I would have gotten the money from my friend. **Thanks Misty**

Ok.. I'm not going to try and push my luck so I'm sending this out like it so it can get posted. Sorry if I messed up some places. This afternoon I wasn't feeling well. I was cold and I felt like someone tried to take and axe to my head.

See ya.


powered by performancing firefox

No comments:

Post a Comment