January 19, 2007

Found something intresting to share.... check out the comments for the item.

Hi ya... ya, cute pic. I can think of someone I dream of doing that too. (click on it)

Either which way. I'm back in St. Kitts now. Oh, even the people from St. Kitts call St. Kitts, SK it seems.

Well, I got the garlic bread from the bakery, I was almost in a car accident, but just twisted my damaged ankle in the sudden stop instead. There was no 7:30 boat, but I still saved $2.50 by getting Ken to come for me. I had to go to the bank to get money for my boat ride, but my bank's ATM was out of order, so I spent the $8 extra to use another bank's ATM.

That turned out to be the start of my night running around in the rain.

Two girls from my department left this week. One left yesterday, and one left today. They are going to be teachers. One girl from my department is on vacation. I think that she will be back next week, but I'm not sure since I didn't think that she was going on vacation until Thursday, but she has been out since Tuesday.

My friend is still trying to find somewhere down here to more or less stay for free, but she has taken a small break and has gone to Seattle I believe.

I got hit on as much as a punching bag tonight. I guess when your boobs are half out and you are perceived as been someone new that happens to you here. But speaking of my boobs, I think that they are smaller. At least to me, I don't know why. I think it's the black bra.

Either which way, got to top up $5 on both my phone and my sister's and because it double bubble today and tomorrow, that $5 turned into $10 for each of us. That was the last set of paper money that I had on me.

Just before our boat docked in St. Kitts my sister called to ask me how much money I had on me. I had about $4 left in my purse. She told me that she'll give me $10 to get something from Tiga to eat. I almost just went by Kim Shaw's for $5 chicken and chips, but their chicken reminds me of over cooked duck and I've never had duck. So how could it remind me of something that I've never had? I would walk though China Town a lot when I was NY, and use to see it hanging in the window, and just the look and heavy smell of oil helps that image along for me. So I got in a bus and came home. I got home, and Nika's was sleep and I talked to Jho for a bit before going to Tiga's before she closed.

And wouldn't you know it. As I was walking down the street, the rain started to fall. Tiga told me to go stand on the porch so I wouldn't get wet. I did fell like I was getting wet where I was standing, but the edge of the roof started to drip on me so I had to leave. When the rain let up I went back around to the front to get my dinner, and as I started walking back up the road, it started to rain on me again. I thought it wasn't so bad, I could make home. I was wrong. I took shelter at K's house for about 4 or so mins. I had a look at what I paid $8 for. There didn't seem to be that many fries in there. I go the fries with one piece of chicken. Oh well, I knew things changed after the oil price made everything cost more and such.

Nice dinner non the less.

I heard from Jho that the gov is trying to have school closed during the world cups games on the island. I'm just thinking, "Cool, over time days!". They will not let use have the days off, but they will have to pay us over time for the days. Ya.

Well one more piece of good news before some interesting news. We now have the food network in St. Kitts. Ya. I haven't seen it in almost 10 years. We had it in NY. I'm watching it now. I'm so happy, I get to see the Iron Chef Sunday night. Yes, I'm abit sad that it's not the original, but I'll take what I can get.

The interesting news. I was on my way to see this place that I heard over the radio books cruse ship trips. I'm still trying to make my dream come true of taking a curse ship out of here to Miami or any Fl city, then taking Amtrak up the cost to NY. I'm not in such a rush to get back to NY when we do leave, that I don't want to take a plane back to be rushing and cramped when I could spend just about the same amount on a curse and train ride.

Anyway, I had my weekend bag with me and I didn't want to go lugging it up the long road looking for some place when I can't be late for work and to boot my strap was braking on my weekend bag. I first thought about getting a top up when I saw the sign reminding me that it was double bubble day as well as tomorrow, but the girl who ran the machine wasn't there so I just walked around that little mall and found this place that had a sign that said that they did a free diabetes test. I've been meaning to get one since I got back from Barbados, but it wasn't as free as the sign said.

It seems that you get a lot of free things, but along with all that you have to have a doctor's exam and that costs $168 or so. I know it's $160 something. The free stuff is what the gov is paying for or requesting to be free, so they can get stats on the population. But the place has to make some money. If I just wanted to do the tests, I have to take the cholesterol along with the diabetes test, then it's about $60. But I really just saw the $30 for just the diabetes test. I told him that I came because it said free, and I only had $25 left on me, and I had to be at work for 10 so we talked a bit more, and he told me that I most likely had too much estrogen and he had a cream that was flying off his shelf that helped to regulate the amount that I had in my system, and this would help with my weight, and after two months reduce how badly my cycle hits me. But I told him that I'm quite happy with my shots. I'm old enough that I should be birth control and I get to go to work without having to worry about my cycle when it's time for it to come around.

Ok.. I've typed enough. I'm going to read this through and then call it a night.

See ya.

No comments:

Post a Comment