January 01, 2007

Happy New Year.... for you that is.

Hello.

I'm here, we just had our new years parade and my sister thought that it was over all, it was good except for the for bull players.

We have people that dress up like a cop and bull and maybe a handler. The bull is suppose to get away and more or less "attack" the people watching the parade, and "wokup" on some grown women. "wokup" meaning, simulated hip motion moving in circles to make it kinda looked like sex. It's done quite quickly. The kids they just scare and make them think that they are going to poke them with the horns. Which are real bull horns by the way that are mounted on their red masks.

They just danced around my sister said. They didn't even try to scare the kids and run though the crowds. It was a sore disappointment for her. But we thought that it might have been a bit too much for the tourists, and that they were told to keep it down.

Other than that, it was good I was told. They just about never came to a complete stop, and they moved on to town in good time. They didn't even start the music until an hour or so before they were ready to leave. When I was a child, the music would be going hours before they were ready to leave. Like small pre party.

Oh, I must say that last night was a let down. There was no new years party in town, and to top it off, the fireworks were only at the Marrott again. Town was empty. And way was it empty? It was Sunday, oh that and the fact that the gov wasn't having fireworks in town. In fact we think that they went to the Marrott to watch their fireworks. We walked around with a few people who didn't go to church and when I was able to get a ride to the rich side if of the island where the Marrott was, Jhodie had walked off with someone and I had to turn down the ride. Nika and I found her in the squire after I remembered that we both had phones and mine had on money. So I called her and was quite upset that we missed what turned out to be our last shot at getting a ride over there in time for the fireworks. Then she said that she was wondering on how we would get back to town never mind home once we got there.

So we ended up standing in a parking look close to Port Zante watching the tops of some fireworks coming from the Marrott, along with a few that made it over the hill that was between us and that side of the island. We also got to see the very far off fireworks that were going on in Nevis. They were coming from the Four Seasons Hotel over there. But at least you could take a bus there to see them. Granted, it might have been hard to find a bus over there at that time of night, but I can only hope that they would make that night an exception and do late night runs.

There was just one place open in town other then KFC, and KFC closed it doors at 11. After what was to be seen had been seen, we walked back over to him to get a chicken leg and go home. He ended up offering to take us home if we stuck around for a bit. Considering that there was nothing in town to take us home we said sure. Then 10 mins later, people showed up in town. Not as much as should have been there, but compared to how dead the place was before, it was a major improvement. So that slowed down him leaving, then he started to stock his freezer for the next day which should bring a whole bunch more people.

Well after it seems that he was taking a while I offered to help to get moving since Nika was already asleep on Jhodie. He said yes, and I more or less finished the stacking of the beer in the freezer and some water in a fridge and cleaned up a bit. When I was finished he said that I was rather good. That actually put a shine on my night. That made me think that I could do something like this if I had too. Mentally that is.

So I helped moving a few more things in side, and got the key for the truck so that Jhodie could sit in side with Nika while we finished up. It was kinda cold. out. I know it doesn't come close to matching what people have a bit further north, but for us it was cold.

It turns out that he had cut his hand on something just before I asked to help, so when we were in the truck and heading out, he had to find some band aids. I got out and them for him at this place that was still open at almost 2am. It was 30 cents each for the ones they had, and I said ok, I'll take 10 and that should be $3. The kid didn't believe me and still got it wrong when he tried to add it up himself with the use of the cash register. Shame.

Then we just about ran into Lynn's ride as she was backing out of our street. I went up and asked her for the keys. I didn't say good night or anything. I felt kinda bad afterwards, but then I realized that she wouldn't remember that I didn't say good night and just asked for the keys back. That was the first time I looked right into her face since she showed up earlier that day.

I have been dreading, dreading having to go back to Nevis, and here she is bring Nevis to me. I am this close to walking out on my job so I don't have to go back there and everything thing over there that is set to make my life sour. But I need to keep my job, and to keep it at least until after I get the loan from the bank. Jhodie will be sending out my resume for me so I could change jobs as soon a possible. If they ask for an interview day, I told Jhodie that she would have to ask if it was possible to have it on a Monday morning, and I just in later to work. That just means that I have to get a phone number for someone to pick me from work after or around 9pm. The guy that use to pick me up, has gotten married and will be moving to a different island to live with this new wife this month.

So I have to find a bus to come and get me now. All because the bus "system" closes down at 7:30.

Well, I've washed my stuff and my two bras, and they are outside drying. I have to wash my hair tonight before 9pm hopefully. I'm going to try and post my first set of wallpapers for the year and for a few months now also, and then prepare myself mentally for going back to Nevis.

Ok.. that's it. See ya.

Like I said. I hope you have a very good year. Take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment