October 02, 2007

Baking Time

I know that I'm late, but I had to stay up to look after something then I was just tired and go to bed.

First up the pumpkin cookies.

============================
http://www.verybestbaking.com/recipes/detail.aspx?ID=32364 There you go. :)


Old-Fashioned Soft Pumpkin Cookies

Estimated Times: Preparation - 10 min | Cooking - 18 min | Cooling Time - 2 min cooling | Yields - 36 cookies

Ingredients

  • 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
  • 1/2 cup butter (1 stick), softened
  • 1 cup LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin
  • 1 large egg
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 Glaze (recipe follows)

Directions
PREHEAT oven to 350° F. Grease baking sheets.

COMBINE flour, baking soda, baking power, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt in medium bowl. beat sugar and butter in large mixer bowl until well blended. Beat in pumpkin, egg and vanilla extract until smooth. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Drop by rounded tablespoon onto prepared baking sheets.

BAKE for 15 to 18 minutes or until edges are firm. Cool o
n baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely. Drizzle Glaze over cookies.

FOR GLAZE:
COMBINE
2 cups sifted powdered sugar, 3 tablespoons
milk, 1 tablespoon melted butter and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract in small bowl until smooth.

=============================================
http://www.flaxflour.com/default.asp?mn=1.6.20 In case my text gets messed up.



Flax Oatmeal Cookies

Yield: 20 cookies

Each cookie provides about 10ml (2 tsp) of flaxflour.












brown sugar
egg
egg white
vanilla
flax flour
white flour
quick oats
salt
baking powder
baking soda

125
1
1
2
175
125
125
1
2
2

ml


ml
ml
ml
ml
ml
ml
ml

1/2
1
1
1/2
3/4
1/2
1/2
1/4
1/2
1/2

cup


tsp
cup
cup
cup
tsp
tsp
tsp











  1. Preheat oven to 180o C (350o F).
  2. Beat sugar, egg, egg white and vanilla.
  3. Combine flax flour, white flour, oats, salt, baking powder, and baking soda. Stir into wet ingredients.
  4. Scoop 15 ml (1 tbsp) of dough onto a nonstick baking sheet; repeat with the remaining dough.
  5. Bake for 10 minutes; cool 1 to 2 minutes on sheet, then remove to wire rack.








Nutrient information per cookie









Energy
Protein
Fat Total
Saturated
Monounsaturated
Polyunsaturated
Carbohydrate
Sugars
Dietary Fibre

72
2.3
2.1
0.3
0.5
1.3
11
5.7
1.1

kcal
g
g
g
g
g
g
g
g










======================================================

I took the pic of the flax cookies, but even though I only had 4 left to take the pic last night, that doesn't mean that they were great. Nika ate most of them and the recipe only made about 14 cookies. As for me and Phillys, who actually ate one, there was too much baking powder in the after taste of the cookie. I also think that you need to use the quick oats like they said. I didn't have any, so I just used the old fashioned oats that was in the cupboard.

Now, since that was a mis for me, I have one that was a hit.

My sister wanted corn bread and chicken today, so she dug up a recipe for corn bread and told me to make it while she was out washing. Well I did it and now there is now left. It's a good thing that I took a piece when I did, I didn't get a chance to later.

My mom liked it. She asked me what milk I used. I told her the rice one. It's not plan rice milk. It's Rice Dream Vanilla Milk. She really liked it and then asked me to look up an egg less cake recipe for a friend. But I'm not going to go there right now since I have to go find that corn bread one for you.

BRB

===============================
http://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes/recipe.aspx?recipeId=35362 Direct link just for you.



Sweet Country Cornbread

You can use yellow, white or blue cornmeal to make this classic cornbread.

Prep Time:10 min
Start to Finish:35 min
Makes:12 servings

full starfull starfull starfull starhalf star
17 Ratings : 6 Reviews
Read Reviews
Rate/Review Recipe

1cup milk
1/4cup butter or margarine, melted
1egg
1 1/4cups yellow, white or blue cornmeal
1cup Gold Medal® all-purpose flour
1/2cup sugar
3teaspoons baking powder
1/2teaspoon salt

1.Heat oven to 400ºF. Grease bottom and side of round pan, 9x1 1/2 inches, or square pan, 8x8x2 inches.
2.Beat milk, butter and egg in large bowl. Stir in remaining ingredients all at once just until flour is moistened (batter will be lumpy). Pour batter into pan.
3.Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.

Nutrition Information:

1 Serving: Calories 170 (Calories from Fat 45 ); Total Fat 5 g (Saturated Fat 3 g); Cholesterol 30 mg; Sodium 260 mg; Total Carbohydrate 29 g (Dietary Fiber 1 g); Protein 4 g Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 4 %; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 10 %; Iron 6 % Exchanges: 1 Starch; 1 Fruit; 1 Fat
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.

=======================================

That's it.

Cooking corner is over for the day. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment