October 09, 2007

The Interview

I had an appoint for 2pm, but somehow after getting up and time and having my hair done, I seemed to have lost about 40 mins. So by the time I was ready to leave, it was already 15 till 2. So I sent him a quick e-mail after trying to find a phone number to call and let him know what I was running late, but should be there at 2:30pm.

I then ran out the house to catch the train. My mom came home before I left and tried to help me find a way there but bus after I took the train to Hoyt street. But her information was a bit off. Yes there was a bus that went down Jay St, but it didn't go as far as I needed it to go. So I had to walk about 3 blocks to the place from where the bus route ended.

Get this, when I went to wait for the bus, I was standing right over the F line. I was thinking that should have taken the subway, but I thought that some how this was better. I wish that I had taken the subway when I walked past it, and then walk another block to where I was going.

Now when I got there, I took the elevator up to the 3rd floor since the address said 303 suite. I walked around a few hallways looking for 303 on the door. I walked past a this place, anothing something place, a hand made hats place, then I turned one way and saw 306 and walked by the other way, and there was a manikin in a small window wearing a bra and panties. I know that was the place before I saw the 303 on the door.

As I walked in the door, he turned to me and said hi Jhoy. That felt so odd. He shook my hand then he introduced me to the staff. All three of them, and then went to his office for the interview.

It went well. He was surprised that I hadn’t gotten a job yet, since he thinks I had such a great resume. I had my own take on why on one had hired me yet. Either which way, we talked about this, then we talked about that, and he showed me very little about the software that I was going to have to learn and then he asked me, what makes you think you can do this job. I went the honest way. It sounded easy, and if it’s easy, then I can do it.

At the end he said that he really liked me but he had two other people to see. One had already shown up while we were having out interview. And there was one more today. I didn’t think that was going to hear from him until tomorrow, but he called me today and said that he has decided to offer me the job. Great! I said that I accepted. That made me happy. Now I didn’t feel like hiding from my mom to go out and do some washing. It’s getting cold out there. And it’s said to be colder tomorrow.

Oh, I almost didn’t finish up what happened yesterday. I decided to take the F train home. I was going to down to 6th street then take another train back somewhere and then take the 4 or 5 home. But the first stop on the F back was one that knew and I came out and where was I? The same place that I caught the bus to go there in the first place. Cute. I then walked over to the T-Mobile place that we have been going to for everything to pay them the $150 so that we wouldn’t have that much pay later.

The girl there looked at me and asked what was wrong this time? I told her nothing was wrong. I came to pay my bill. Then I took two buses home and I felt good about the interview.

Got to go. See ya.

No comments:

Post a Comment