October 07, 2007

A Week's Worth... Let's Go.

On Monday I went with Jhodie to the Salvation Army to drop off a few things. Also, Jhodie was finally getting rid of some cans and bottles that she wanted to recycle for some extra money. Also I was going to fill out an application for the supermarket down the street on Utica where Jhodie was going to drop off the cans and such. We both hit bust there. One, their recycler was broken, and they didn't even know until she showed up, and two, they had no positions open and they told me to check back in two weeks.

The supermarket was our first stop. Next we took the bus over to the Salvation Army store. I was half hoping that we could get like 1/3 of what they thought the stuff was worth, but no. The one thing that I didn't expect to see when I got there was the help wanted sign. It was there from when we walked all the way there like a month and a half or so ago. So I asked about the job. The guy there didn't know much, but sent me the "main" office to get an application. I would have to do that tomorrow.

While we were on the bus over to the store, I saw a place that had a recycle center/box out front. So we walked it there after Jhodie finished looking though the coat rack at the store. The place I saw the recycle thing turned out to be a lot further back then where I thought it was. It took her cans, but not her bottles. They were the wrong size. I went inside the supermarket to get a few things, or just some mayo. I got a few things and I saw a mayo for a very good price, but it was lite, and Jhodie hates lite. So I didn't pick it up. I just hoped that I saw another one around the same size for a close price. I didn't, and I waited until mom came home to ask her if she didn't mind light mayo. She didn't care. So I went back out later and picked it with Nika in tow.

It was a nice store. I almost said little, but it's bigger than most places back home. I got some croƻtons that were on sale for a buck, and also some cuscus that was also on sale for 99cents. The store was two blocks down from the grand army plaza station so we just took the subway there and back. Monday was a cold day, and breezy too. It didn't help that I was still dressing for summer time.

Don't remember what happed the rest of the day. Sorry. But I do remember that I had a few places to go the next day. One to fill out the application for the store. It's office was right behind the Pathmark store over on Atlantic Ave.

Tuesday, let's see. I believe that mom got off work at 11am or so, an she called me so we could go to Costco. I was planing on going to her bank to put on my re-bate check that I got from T-mobile. I asked mom if there was a branch over where we were going. She said yes. So we were going to do that before going to Costco. Now, mom called me and woke me up somewhere around 10am. She was go get off at when someone showed up to take over for her. They showed up late, and she didn't call me until after 1pm. I had told her to call me when the person came to take over for her around 11. I didn't bother to go back to sleep like I would have liked. I got up, got something to eat, then got ready and waited for her to call me back.

While I was waiting for her to call me back, I remembered that I was suppose to call someone as a follower up to sending my resume to them on on some night. Afternoon back. Either which way. I called him and he asked if I could call him back in half and hour because he was in a meeting. Fine. Sure. I then got the call from mommy, and went over to see her on 36th st. The on in Brooklyn that is. We walked over to the bank and I remembered to call him back. It was about 40 mins later by this time. He answers but puts me hold, then we talk like it was an interview. Today was the day that I was happy I have so much mins on my phone. I don't know if he realized that I was on my cell. It was like I was having an interview then and there. Ofcourse when I had to talk to someone on the phone, everything that could make noise did. Kids got let out of school for brake. Big trucks came by, breaks screeched. Everything. We made it to the branch and waiting out in the atm area as I finished talking to him in a more quite area. Mom went in and did put my check in her account after she got me to sign it.

He asked me all the normal questions, then he asked what software do I use to make websites. I said dreamweaver and frontpage. I then asked him what software they used. He had no clue. Shouldn't he know that if he was going to ask me what software I used? Don't most phones come with caller ID these days? Well he asked me for my phone number and my house number incase he couldn't really call me back on my cell. He said that he was going to look though my resume that he found on this desk and that he was going to call me back to set up a date for an in person interview. He hasn't call me back yet by the way.

So after the call and the bank we went to find Costco. For the longest time I thought that my mom and sister were saying cosco. I just never heard the T, but that day I saw it in writing. Nice big sign on the side of the building. I wasn't as impressed by the inside as I thought I was going to be. I was more impressed by the parking lot than by the first floor. But I didn't know that there was a second floor until a bit later.

As my mom rushed over to use the bathroom, she bumped into a guy who could tell her something about her card. I walked over to people with needles. Well I didn't see the needles until I go there. I just saw forms being filled out and thought that they were hiring, or something like that. Then when I saw the needles I found out that they were selling flu shots for $20 each. I was just asking Phillys about getting a flu shot the day before too. I just said that I was here with my mom, and that I just came to see what was going on. I know somewhere in there I made myself sound younger then I am. I just wonder if they thought anything was odd with me.

Well we walked around and looked at getting a few things. But then we had to go back for Nika and then there was the thing about paying for member ship that was due. That is what the guy told her that she ran into earlier. Then we made our way to the second floor. Now I was starting to get impressed.

There were juices and this is where the food was. I smelled it on the way up the odd moving belt thing. I saw some kind of Asian mix snack in a big bag. It was kinda like the stuff we saw in china town. But I had no money, and mom turned to go back home for Nika and didn't bother buying anything after all.

When we were leaving, I asked her about at least paying the membership thing so that next time we come, we could just shop. She said that it was too late, and we went home for Nika.

==============

Ok, that was a very long time ago, and I don't know what happened next never mind for the rest of the week.

Sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment